Maia Kaufman (4) has control of the ball, and is about to kick it upfield, Oct. 10, 2024. Photo by Antonio Rahmat | The Post

Soccer: What to know before Ohio plays Ball State

Ohio (8-1-4 overall, 3-0-3 Mid-American Conference) goes on the road again this Sunday to face Ball State (7-4-2, 2-2-2 MAC). This is the first time these two teams are meeting since the MAC tournament quarterfinal last season, where Ohio defeated Ball State 2-0. 

Ohio is coming off a home win against Eastern Michigan Thursday, extending its lossless streak to 10 games. Here’s everything you need to know before the team heads off to play Ball State.

Game Information

Opponent: Ball State 

Location: Briner Sports Complex (Muncie, Indiana) 

Time: Sunday at 1 p.m.

Follow live stats here 

Ohio Notes 

Ohio hasn’t tasted defeat in 10 games, the current longest streak in the MAC. During that streak, no team has scored more than one goal against Ohio, only netting three total. The only team that has allowed fewer goals this season is Buffalo, one of three teams with one loss this season. 

Ohio has put itself in the top tier of MAC teams this season finding its footing in conference play after starting 1-0-3. Both the offense and defense currently look strong and ready for any team ahead of them. 

Opponent Notes 

Last season, Ball State finished third in the MAC and was the No. 3 seed in the tournament. So far this season, things have not looked the same. Ball State currently sits ninth in the MAC and has only managed two conference wins this season. However, after losing its first two conference games this season, Ball State has either tied or won its last four.

Although Ball State is near the bottom of the standings in the MAC, it has proven to be a formidable offense, ranking third in the MAC in shots and goals. 

Player to Watch 

Graduate student forward Aubrey Rea scored her third goal Thursday against Eastern Michigan, moving her up to second on the team in the category. She is also second on the team in shot percentage, with a minimum of 10 shots on the season, and third in points for the season. Of her 13 shots this year, eight have been on goal. She has been one of the most efficient players on the team and a big piece in Ohio’s offense.  

ls705922@ohio.edu