An Ohio University police patrol car sits at the top of Morton Hill in Athens, Sept. 28, 2024.

Police Blotter: Vehicle crashes into post office, neighbor disputes

Haunted house hoax

The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded Oct. 11 to Murphy Field of Screams. The sound of chainsaws and screaming were heard on the call, according to the Sheriff’s Office.

Deputies patrolled the area but did not find a person needing assistance. The call was determined to be accidental, according to the Sheriff’s Office.

Crossy Road

Deputies were advised of a dog on the road Oct. 11 in Alexander Township, according to the Sheriff’s Office.

Deputies patrolled the area but did not locate any dogs at the time, according to the Sheriff’s Office.

Peek-a-boo

According to the Athens County Sheriff's Office, deputies received a report Oct. 12. from New Marshfield of a man looking inside people’s windows.

Deputies contacted the male and informed him he needed to refrain from trespassing on people’s property, and further complaints could result in criminal charges, according to the Sheriff’s Office.

Name Calling

Athens County Sheriff’s Office received a report Oct. 12 from Republic Avenue of someone yelling another person’s name outside.

Deputies patrolled the area and did not hear anyone yelling, according to the Sheriff’s Office..

… and you landed on McLovin?

Ohio University Police Department responded Oct. 12 to Tiffin Hall in response to a fake ID.

The fake ID and Cash App debit card were collected, according to OUPD.

Big Delivery

Deputies from the Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to the Guysville Post Office for a vehicle accident Oct. 13, according to the Sheriff’s Office.

The vehicle had driven through the wall of the post office. No injuries were reported, and the Guysville Fire Department secured the scene, according to the Sheriff’s Office. The vehicle was later removed.

Not side-by-side

Deputies responded to a report of an abandoned side-by-side on Sand Hill Road in Guysville Oct. 13, according to the Sheriff’s Office.

Deputies located the vehicle and confirmed it was stolen from Coolville. The owner was notified and recovered his vehicle.

Don’t look a gift horse in the mouth

Deputies responded Oct. 14 to Brimstone Road in Coolville regarding a neighbor dispute, according to the Sheriff’s Office.

The complainant's neighbor kept mowing her yard and placing decorations in it. Upon the deputies' arrival, the landlord arrived and resolved the issue, according to the Sheriff’s Office..

Anyone need a roommate?

Deputies responded to a domestic complaint Oct. 14 on Greens Run Road in Glouster, according to the Sheriff’s Office..

Deputies spoke to the involved parties and determined no crime was committed. Both parties agreed to separate, and no further action was needed.

Porch rockers

Deputies responded to North Plains Road regarding a trespassing complaint Oct. 15, according to Athen’s County Sheriff’s Office.

Deputies were informed two men had been sitting on the property for several hours. After speaking to the deputies, the men agreed to leave.

False alarm

Deputies responded to a trespassing complaint Oct. 15 on West Bailey Road, according to the Sheriff’s Office.

Deputies were informed the man had permission to be on the property. No report was taken, according to the Sheriff’s Office.

Gotcha

Deputies responded to The Plains Plaza on a Wednesday report of a suspicious man and woman, according to the Sheriff’s Office.

Deputies contacted the individual and found the woman had a warrant for her arrest. She was transported to the Southeastern Ohio Regional Jail without incident.

Good riddance

Officers responded Wednesday to Pickering Hall in response to the theft of an electric scooter, according to OUPD.

A report was taken for theft without consent, according to OUPD.

Somebody stole my car radio

Deputies responded Thursday to Athens County Fairgrounds regarding broken vehicles and stolen items, according to the Sheriff’s Office. 

An investigation is pending at this time. The Athens County Sheriff’s Office is asking anyone with information regarding the break-ins to contact the office.

@maggie.amacher

ma657122@ohio.edu