The Women's Soccer getting ready before the game starts against Western Michigan, Sept. 19, 2024, at Chessa Field.

Soccer: What to know before Ohio takes on Toledo

Ohio (9-1-4 overall, 4-0-3 Mid-American Conference) hosts Toledo (5-6-3 overall, 2-3-2 MAC) Thursday and looks to continue its three-game winning streak. This winning streak is the team's longest since winning four consecutive games leading up to conference play, the start of an eleven-game lossless streak for Ohio.

Match Information

Opponent: Toledo

Location: Chessa Field (Athens, Ohio)

Time: Thursday at 4 p.m.

Where to Watch: ESPN+

Follow live stats here

Ohio Notes

After defeating Ball State this past Sunday, Ohio moved into first place in the MAC, tied with Western Michigan, which Ohio holds the tiebreaker against. Ohio also ranks first in the MAC in goals, goals per game, and margin of victory.

With just four games left in the season, every game is important for Ohio. If the team wins the rest of its games, it will host the conference semifinals and championship game, giving itself a home-field advantage.

Opponent Notes

Toledo currently sits eighth in the MAC standings, with an outside shot at the conference tournament. Like Ohio, it has four games left to make it, meaning these next four games are crucial.

The team is coming into Athens after beating Miami 2-0, looking to start a hot streak to end the season. They are averaging 1.0 goals per game and are only outscoring their opponents by one game. Toledo is also getting outshot by its opponents in both shots and shots on goal. With a team as well-balanced as Ohio, Toledo will have to play its best against Ohio.

Player to Watch

After her two-goal performance against Ball State, sophomore forward and midfielder Jaimason Brooker now leads Ohio in goals scored this season. She moved into fourth place in the MAC for goals, also ranking second in assists and third in shots on goal. She looks to continue to help Ohio’s offense in the last four games of the season.

ls705922@ohio.edu

@logan_sheets_