Ohio University Aiden Grieco (21), trying to get the puck with his stick during the game against Liberty at Bird Arena, in Athens, Ohio, Feb. 9, 2024.

Hockey: Ohio prepares to take on Adrian in tough matchup

Ohio has been having a solid start to its season, with its current 5-2 record coming from losses to undefeated No. 2 Jamestown and now No. 3 ranked Minot State. Ohio fought hard against Jamestown and beat Minot State in an overtime thriller in the first game of the series.

Now, Ohio is gearing up to face its toughest opponent yet, the No. 1 ranked Adrian. The Bulldogs are the defending ACHA national champions, and haven’t moved out of the top 2 spots since the start of the season. The Bobcats will face a strong challenge against the Bulldogs, but they can hope that their offensive prowess will be enough to earn a win. Here is everything you need to know before the game:

Series Information:

Opponent: Adrian (6-0-2)

Date and Time: Oct. 24, 7:30 p.m. EST

Location: Arrington Ice Arena, Arrington, MI

History:

The Bulldogs and the Bobcats have a storied history, as they have been playing each other since 2008. Adrian has the advantage, with a 12-5 all-time record against Ohio, and knocked them out of the ACHA tournament in the teams’ last meeting in 2023. Ohio’s last win against Adrian was also in 2023, with a 4-3 nail-biter on Adrian’s home ice.

Player to Watch:

Spencer Schons pulled out the heroics against Minot State on October 18th, scoring an overtime goal to earn Ohio the win. Schons has always been a solid defensive presence for the team, and is now proving that he should not be counted out on offense.

ee646020@ohio.edu

@ErionEmma

Emma Erion

Managing Editor