Members of the Athens County Ohio Golf league play on hole seven of the Ohio University golf course on May 19, 2021.

Men's Golf: Ohio place 8th in Virtues Intercollegiate Tournament

The Bobcats traveled to Nashport, Ohio for Bowling Green’s Virtues two-day tournament. The team finished tied for ninth on Saturday with a collective even par round. 

Juniors Nathanial Gray Lamont and Will Kates finished Saturday's first round with a combined five under par—the team shot 288 in the first round. 

Ohio struggled a little with the weather conditions shooting a 297, nine over par as a whole. The team was highlighted by Lamont’s great performance finishing with an impressive one under par for the tournament good for 13th individually. Not too far behind him was senior Jack Hogan who finished one over par which placed 22nd. Kates tied Hogan followed his 70 with a solid 75 sharing a one-over par score with Hogan. 

Grad Student Jack Neville finished 63rd with a 77 and 75, good for eight over par and finally, junior Jack O’Donnell rounding out the group in 70th with a 78 and 76 finishing 10 over par. 

Michigan came home with the win after a 17 under round, including an impressive 12 under second round in which four of their five players ranked in the top 10. 

The Bobcats next tournament will be at the Pittsburgh Field Club for the Redhawk Intercollegiate Tournament Monday, October, 14-15. This event will be held by Miami in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. 

jh269721@ohio.edu