Ohio field hockey wins their home opener against Saint Louis 5-1 at Pruitt Field. 

Field Hockey: Everything to know ahead of the weekend

Ohio (4-7, 1-3 Mid-American Conference) looks to rebound this weekend after losing both of its games by a combined score of 10-2 this past weekend. With the offense struggling, Ohio will look to find a spark on both ends in an attempt to get back in the win column.

This Friday and Sunday, Ohio plays Bellarmine (3-7, 1-2 MAC) as an away game and Penn State (6-5, 1-2 Big Ten) at home. A win in both games for Ohio would bring the team closer to .500 both in MAC play and overall this season.

Weekend Information

Opponents: Bellarmine (3-7, 1-2 MAC), Penn State (6-5)

Locations: Trager Stadium (Louisville, Kentucky), Pruitt Field (Athens, Ohio)

Times: Friday at 6 p.m. and Sunday at noon.

Where to Watch: ESPN+

Follow live stats here.

Bellarmine Notes

Bellarmine has struggled as a team this season, being outscored 13 to 29. With Ohio being capable of shutout defense, the team will look to cut Bellarmine's water off, leaving it up to Ohio's offense to clean up and finish the game. Expect a rough outing from both offenses, as both have negative point differentials. Bellarmine is coming off a close 4-3 win last week against Central Michigan.

Penn State Notes

Penn State has had a middling season, with just one more win than losses. It is coming off a two-game losing streak with a game lined up against Ohio State this Friday before playing Ohio on Sunday. If Penn State loses on Friday, expect it to be hungry for a win so it doesn't fall too far in the Big Ten standings. Penn State boasts an even point differential, with 27 goals scored by the team and scored against. With its offense and defense playing at around equal levels, this is a very well-balanced team.

Players to Watch (Bellarmine): Mia Booth

Against Central Michigan last weekend, Bellarmine forward, Mia Booth, scored two goals in the team's win. Booth was able to provide the offensive firepower needed for Bellarmine to win and will look to continue to bring that against Ohio on Friday, this time in front of Bellarmine's home crowd.

Player to Watch (Penn State): Sophia Gladieux

Penn State's forward, Sophia Gladieux, has scored 17 goals this season, more than half of Penn State's total goals. She has been dominant on offense, with a hat trick performance against Delaware and several two-goal games across the season. Expect Ohio's defense to zone in on her specifically.

bg326422@ohio.edu