An Ohio University police patrol car sits at the top of Morton Hill in Athens, Sept. 28, 2024.

Police Blotter: Suspicious sandwich, destruction of property

Central classroom damage

Officers from Ohio University Police Department responded to the Central Classroom Building Tuesday for destruction of property, according to OUPD.

A report was taken for damage to a computer cabinet, according to OUPD. 

Where are the car keys?

Deputies from the Athens County Sheriff's Office responded to Kroger in Glouster Tuesday for an individual who locked his car keys inside his vehicle. 

Deputies were able to unlock the vehicle and returned to patrol, according to the Sheriff’s Office. 

The juveniles are well

Deputies responded to East Third Street in The Plains Tuesday for a well-being check on juveniles, according to the Sheriff’s Office. 

Deputies contacted the mother, and the juveniles were all found to be fine, according to the Sheriff’s Office. 

Listening ears are off

Deputies responded to Fairfield Street in Stewart Wednesday in regards to an unruly juvenile who was throwing rocks and refusing to listen to his parents, according to the Sheriff’s Office. 

Deputies spoke to all parties involved, and the juvenile was sent to stay with family friends for the night, according to the Sheriff’s Office.

Lost and found

Deputies responded to a woman in reference to a missing person complaint Wednesday, according to the Sheriff’s Office.

While conducting the investigation, the missing woman was located, according to the Sheriff’s Office.

Just a little rest

Deputies responded to state Route 550 in Amesville in reference to a man lying on the side of the road, according to the Sheriff’s Office. 

According to the Sheriff’s Office, the man said he was walking a long distance and stopped for a rest. 

It’s just a joke…

Deputies responded to a woman reporting a scam or prank phone call Wednesday, according to the Sheriff’s Office.

Deputies found no criminal offense occurred, according to the Sheriff’s Office. 

That’s not going to work

Officers from OUPD responded to Pickering Hall Thursday for a fake ID, according to OUPD.

The ID was confiscated for destruction, according to OUPD. 

Suspicious sandwich

Deputies responded to state Route 550 Thursday to inspect a sandwich suspected to have a foreign substance on it, according to the Sheriff’s Office.

Upon arrival, deputies were informed the individual ate the entire sandwich, thus there was nothing to inspect, according to the Sheriff's Office. 

That vote won’t count

Deputies responded to Elm Street in Stewart Thursday in regards to a complaint about a political sign being damaged, according to the Sheriff’s Office.

A report was taken and an investigation is pending, according to the Sheriff’s Office. 

Felon on the run

Deputies responded to state Route 550 Thursday in an attempt to locate an individual with felony warrants out of Athens County, according to the Sheriff’s Office.

According to the sheriff's office, deputies were unable to locate the individual, so no further action was needed. 

Felon found

Deputies initiated a traffic stop Thursday on a vehicle on state Route 13, according to the Sheriff’s Office.

Deputies made contact with the driver and found she had an active felony warrant for her arrest out of the Sheriff’s Office. The woman was arrested without incident, according to the Sheriff’s Office. 

et029322@ohio.edu