An Ohio University patrol car sitting outside Biddle Hall, Sept. 4, 2024, in Athens.

Police Blotter: Sheriff’s Office makes domestic violence arrests, assists with traffic accidents

Trash dumping on Stewart roadway

Deputies responded to Stewart in reference to trash being dumped along the roadway Thursday, according to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office. 

Upon arrival at Beebe Road and Jewell Hollow Road, deputies located the trash bags in the river and discovered garbage inside, according to the Sheriff’s Office.

A report was taken and an investigation is pending, according to the Sheriff’s Office.

Traffic accident on U.S. 50

The Athens County Sheriff’s Office assisted in a traffic accident involving injuries on U.S. 50 Thursday, according to the Sheriff’s Office.

The Sheriff’s Office assisted the Ohio State Highway Patrol on the scene near United Lane in Athens, according to the Sheriff’s Office.

The traffic accident is being investigated by the Ohio State Highway Patrol, according to the Sheriff’s Office.

Traffic accident on U.S. 33

The Athens County Sheriff’s Office assisted in a traffic accident Wednesday, according to the Sheriff’s Office.

The Sheriff’s Office assisted the Ohio State Highway Patrol on U.S. 33 near The Plains exit, according to the Sheriff’s Office.

Ghostboxing in Glouster

Deputies responded to Glouster on report of an allegedly intoxicated man attempting to fight imaginary people Tuesday, according to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office.

Upon arrival at Madison Street, deputies made contact with the man, who appeared coherent and not intoxicated, according to the Sheriff’s Office.

Deputies warned the man for disorderly conduct. The man returned to his residence, according to the Sheriff’s Office.

Man arrested on active warrants in The Plains

Deputies responded to The Plains to assist with an arrest Tuesday, according to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office.

Athens Police Department requested assistance at Oak Street locating a man with active warrants, according to the Sheriff’s Office.

The Sheriff’s Office and APD located and arrested the man on active warrants, according to the Sheriff’s Office. He was transported to the Southeastern Ohio Regional Jail.

Man arrested for disorderly conduct at local library in The Plains

Deputies arrested a man at The Plains Public Library for disorderly conduct Sept. 22, according to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office.

Upon arrival, deputies contacted an individual behaving erratically, according to the Sheriff’s Office.

The man was cited for disorderly conduct by intoxication and transported to Southeastern Ohio Regional Jail for holding, according to the Sheriff’s Office.

Man arrested for domestic violence in Jacksonville

Deputies arrested a man for domestic violence Sept. 22, according to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office.

Deputies responded to Jacksonville for a domestic dispute. Upon arrival and contact, injuries were observed on an individual, according to the Sheriff’s Office.

The man was arrested and transported to the Southeastern Ohio Regional Jail for domestic violence, according to the Sheriff’s Office.

Stowaway wildlife

Deputies responded to Glouster on a report of wildlife in an attic Sept. 21, according to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office.

Upon arrival, deputies were unable to locate the wildlife. Deputies provided the individual with wildlife removal contact information, according to the Sheriff’s Office.

Man arrested for domestic violence in Albany

Deputies arrested a man for domestic violence in Albany Sept. 21, according to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office.

Deputies responded to state Route 681 for a domestic violence complaint. Deputies were advised the suspect had left the scene, according to the Sheriff’s Office.

Deputies were able to locate the suspect and arrest him for domestic violence. He was transported to the Southeastern Ohio Regional Jail, according to the Sheriff’s Office.

Man arrested for violated protection order in Glouster

Deputies arrested a man for a protection order violation Sept. 20, according to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office.

Deputies responded to Republic Avenue, Glouster, for a reported domestic dispute. Upon contact with the individuals, deputies found a protection order in place, according to the Sheriff’s Office.

The man was arrested and transported to Southeastern Ohio Regional Jail for violating the protection order, according to the Sheriff’s Office.

@TaylorOrcutt

@to708620@ohio.edu