7 shows to watch this fall

With fall quickly approaching, there are many things that people look forward to — from horror movie marathons to an annual “Gilmore Girls” rewatch. However, some people may be looking for something new to watch.

Here are some of the upcoming fall shows and season premieres you should keep on your radar. 

“Agatha All Along”

This spooky series is bringing the occult of Marvel Comics to the small screen. The show follows Agatha Harkness (Kathryn Hahn), introduced in “WandaVision,” as she goes on a mission to create a coven and walk down the “witch’s road” to regain her freedom and power. Along the way, she will discover the identity and motivations of her teenage friend, played by “Heartstopper” actor Joe Locke. 

The star-studded cast includes Aubrey Plaza, Patti LuPone, Debra Jo Rupp, Sasheer Zamata and Ali Ahn. The show’s two-episode premiere airs Wednesday, Sept. 18, on Disney+.

“The Golden Bachelorette”

Fans of “The Golden Bachelor” are in for a treat as the female counterpart of the show premieres Wednesday, Sept. 18. “The Golden Bachelorette” follows Joan Vassos in her journey to find love. She was introduced to the public as a contestant on Season One of “The Golden Bachelor,” but she had to leave early to be with her daughter who had given birth a week before filming.

Viewers look forward to seeing this graceful woman take center stage as they ponder who will take her heart. The show airs weekly Wednesdays on ABC. 

“Murder in a Small Town”

Premiering Tuesday, Sept. 24 on Fox, this small-screen adaptation is based on a nine-book series by author L.R. Wright. The series follows Karl Alberg (Rossif Sutherland), who moves to a quiet coastal town and takes the position of chief of police. There, he hopes to escape the traumas of police work in a big city; however, he must now solve a web of secrets and murders that bring themselves to shore. For all the mystery-romance lovers out there, the seasoned police officer is poised to find a romantic interest in vibrant librarian Cassandra Mitchell (Kristin Kreuk).

“Grotesquerie”

This fall, FX presents “Grotesquerie,” starring the phenomenal Niecy Nash and marking the acting debut of Travis Kelce. The show is a true exhibit of the genres of horror and true crime blending to make something that looks eerie.

Nash plays Detective Lois Tyron, who investigates the serial killings of a sinister occult killer. She partners with Sister Megan, a nun and journalist who investigates supernatural and cult killings to understand their importance in American culture. The two partner to stop these murders and bring the killer to justice. 

The show will air two episodes weekly, starting with its season premiere Sept. 25 on FX, and will stream on Hulu the next day. 

“Heartstopper” Season 3

Viewers have watched the characters of Nick (Kit Connor) and Charlie (Joe Locke) grow throughout the first two seasons of “Heartstopper.” In Season Three, the two face many new challenges and the start of new beginnings. Writer and creator of the show, Alice Oseman, shared her excitement with the development and direction the show is taking in Season Three in an interview with Netflix.

“While Heartstopper will always celebrate the joyful and point towards hope, I am really excited that we are allowing the tone of the show to mature alongside our beloved characters growing up,” Oseman said in the interview. “Mental health, sex, university ambitions, and more: Nick, Charlie, and the ‘Heartstopper’ teens are getting older, learning more about themselves and each other, and experiencing new desires, new fears, and new joys as they approach adulthood.”

Viewers can watch the season premiere on Netflix Oct. 3. 

“The Legend of Vox Machina” Season 3

“The Legend of Vox Machina,” an adaptation of a beloved “Dungeons & Dragons” campaign and web series by Critical Role, has quickly garnered love from fans. 

In Season Three of the series, viewers will see the band of heroes travel to Hell to save Exandria from the evil dragon Thordak and his army of minions. They will fight monsters, slay demons and make allies along the way in a chaotic and humorous journey with many challenges and fatal mistakes along the way. 

The season premieres on Amazon Prime Oct. 3.

“Joan”

Sophie Turner stars as jewel thief Joan Hannington in this magnetic drama set in ‘80s London. This six-part series follows Joan as she uses her wit and charm to survive after leaving her abusive husband, Gary, with their four-year-old daughter. Joan must make gut-wrenching decisions as she adopts new personalities, makes new connections and uses her ability to perform to become a master-class thief and build a better life for herself and her daughter. 

This new drama airs on the CW Oct.2. 

siimply_nyny

ng972522@ohio.edu