7 fashion trends for this fall

It may still be hot in Athens, but fall is quickly approaching since it is the middle of September. It is time to break out the flannels and sweaters, even if you will be sweating by noon. It also means it is time to look at the fall trends for 2024.

You do not necessarily need to buy anything new to fit the latest trends, since many people are working on a college budget. However, it can never hurt to look at current trends to see which pieces in your closet fit the latest trends.

Leopard print

After years of being branded as tacky, leopard print has made it to the runways and made it to Vogue’s list of fall trends for 2024. It has been spotted on accessories such as clutches and headscarves, as well as on tops and coats if you are feeling a bit bold.

Low-rise jeans

Low-rise jeans were all the rage for the last year or so, coinciding with the influx of 2000s fashion trends into the 2020s. However, the low-rise jeans coming out are not quite the below-the-hips, underwear-baring style of the 2000s. Rather, this new generation sits on or just above the hips, while still being significantly below the navel.

Maxi skirts

Maxi skirts were everywhere this summer, with countless women embracing the trend. Therefore, it is not outlandish to say the trend of full, long skirts will continue into the fall, with linen, denim and printed styles likely to be seen everywhere.

Knee-high boots

This one is not much of a surprise, as knee-high boots make an appearance every time the weather begins to turn. This year, suede boots, leather boots and riding boots will be spotted on the runway and in just about every pumpkin patch in the nation.

Suede fabric

Speaking of suede, it is making quite an appearance this year. Sure, suede comes into the trend rotation just about every autumn, but this year it is a much bigger trend than in years past, being spotted on jackets, bags and boots.

Sporty-style clothing

Every year has countless “athleisure” trends. In the past few years, fashion followers have seen bodysuits, athletic sneakers, matching sets and tennis skirts. This is continuing into this season, with sneakers remaining a staple piece, number jerseys from places like Brandy Melville and PacSun and track pants paired with ballet flats, oddly enough, are finding their way into the trend cycle.

Lace fabric

Another Vogue favorite, lace is continuing to stay in contemporary fashion. It is not much of a surprise, either. With the rise of hyper-feminine trends in the past few years, it is only fitting that lace stays stylish too. Typically, lace can be found on shirts and tops as a trim, or on dresses as a form of decoration, but recently it has also been turned into pieces such as sheer pants. However, with the turning of the seasons, lace is more likely to be spotted in neutral or dark colors.

as589820@ohio.edu

@alicia_szcz