Daily Rundown: Athens Residents discuss DNC, importance of Gen-Z in upcoming election, 2 New Cafes open in Jefferson Marketplace, A guide to surviving college as a working student, and more!

Start your day with The Post!

Athens Residents discuss DNC, importance of Gen-Z in upcoming election

Two Bobcats, sophomore Sean Michael and alum Taylor Sappington, attended the Democratic National Convention (DNC) in Chicago. The two of them then were able to share their experiences and thoughts on Gen-Z’s impact on the upcoming presidential election, in tandem with OUCD president, Sean Slatzer. To learn more, read the full story here

2 New Cafes open in Jefferson Marketplace

With a growing student population and a lack of coffee cafes on East Green, Jefferson Marketplace has unveiled two new cafes in place of old ones. The locations, formerly known as Ohio Cafe and Steeped and Stirred, have now been rebranded as East Side Grounds and Cornerstone Beverage Bar, serving coffee, smoothies and boba tea. To learn more about the making of Jefferson Marketplace’s newest additions, read the full story here.

A guide to surviving college as a working student

At some point during college, many students get a job. Regardless of the position, trying to maintain a work-life balance while earning a degree can be a challenge, but it is not impossible. Find a guide to working, keeping up with coursework and ways to maintain your physical and mental health here.

Parents, OU staff combat on-campus housing concerns

Ohio University is supporting first-year students adjusting to campus life by providing resources like "Let’s Talk Hours," increased residential staff and safety improvements. The university collaborates with safety organizations and offers recreational opportunities to help ease students' and parents' concerns, with feedback from families being positive. Resident Assistants play a crucial role in fostering a supportive environment, helping students connect with campus resources, and creating a sense of community. To read more, click here

From the Grapevine: College Students are not alone in loneliness

Opinion: College is often referred to as the best time of one’s life, according to Libby. However, reality hits after a little while, and it’s easy to fall into a pit of loneliness. People are busy, classes are tough, and making friends is harder than ever before, especially once you’re no longer making friends simply due to proximity or a single shared interest, as it is in middle and high school. However, college students are not alone in their loneliness. Read the full story here