Athens City Police Department Patrol Officer, Darren Olexa standing in front of two police cruisers, Feb.24,2024 during a routine traffic stop in Athens Ohio.

Police Blotter: Student assaulted at Chauncey bus stop, school files charges

Dog bite reported in Coolville

Deputies responded to a dog bite report in Coolville Thursday, according to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office.

The dog warden responded to Seminary Street for the dog bite. An investigation is pending, according to the Sheriff’s Office.

Suspicious activity reported in Nelsonville

Deputies responded to Nelsonville for a report of suspicious activity Thursday, according to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office.

Deputies then patrolled the area and contacted the suspected individual, who said he lived in the woods, according to the Sheriff’s Office.

Deputies advised the individual to find a different place to stay. No further action was taken, according to the Sheriff’s Office.

Student assaulted at Chauncey bus stop

Deputies responded to Millfield Wednesday for a reported assault occurring at a bus stop, according to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office.

The complainant stated her daughter had been assaulted at a bus stop in Chauncey.

She informed the deputies that school officials would be filing charges in conjunction with her report, according to the Sheriff’s Office.

Disturbance at Evergreen Estates

Deputies responded to The Plains for a disturbance Wednesday, according to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office.

Deputies patrolled Evergreen Estates in reference to a man arguing and shouting with others.

Deputies located the man and served him a trespass complaint form. The man was taken to another location, according to the Sheriff’s Office.

Projectile shatters driver’s rear window

Deputies responded to a damaged back window of a vehicle Tuesday, according to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office.

A man in The Plains advised someone threw an object through his vehicle’s back window while he was driving, busting the rear glass. An incident report was taken, according to the Sheriff’s Office.

Breaking and entering investigation

Deputies responded to a business on a possible breaking and entering Tuesday, according to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office.

Upon arrival at the business in The Plains, deputies found damage to the front door and possible signs of entry.

Deputies took a report, and an investigation is pending, according to the Sheriff’s Office.

Athens teacher assaulted

The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to an assault on an Athens High School teacher. Deputies took the report Tuesday, according to the Sheriff’s Office.

Athens High School is proceeding with disciplinary actions, according to the Sheriff’s Office.

Missing street signs

Deputies responded to a report Tuesday from the mayor of Chauncey regarding stolen street signs, according to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office.

Deputies recovered the street signs at Creekside Apartments on 105 Lexington Ave., according to the Sheriff’s Office.

Three juvenile female suspects were identified, and the incident is under investigation, according to the Sheriff’s Office.

Stolen license plate

A woman reported her license plate was stolen Aug. 31, according to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office.

The plate was entered into the system, according to the Sheriff’s Office. The case is under investigation.

Juvenile wields knife in domestic violence dispute

Deputies responded to a domestic violence dispute involving a knife Aug. 30, according to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office.

Deputies arrived on the scene at Spreading Oaks Village in Athens. On scene, deputies arrested a juvenile for domestic violence, according to the Sheriff’s Office.

No shirt. No shoes. Green hat?

The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to a man walking naked with a green hat in Albany Aug. 29.

Deputies patrolled Carpenter Road and State Route 681 for the man, according to the Sheriff’s Office.

Deputies spoke with witnesses who advised the man had no shirt but was otherwise clothed, according to the Sheriff’s Office. No further action was taken.

@TaylorOrcutt

@to708620@ohio.edu