An Ohio University patrol car sitting outside Biddle Hall, Sept. 4, 2024, in Athens.

Police Blotter: Man arrested on warrants during vehicle stop

Theft complaint: The Plains

Deputies responded to The Plains on a theft complaint Thursday, according to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office.

Upon arrival at East First Street, deputies spoke with the complainant and took a report, according to the Sheriff’s Office. The case is under review.

Elderly man attempts to enter a Plains residence

The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to The Plains on a report of a suspicious elderly man Wednesday, according to the Sheriff’s Office.

The elderly man was reported attempting to enter a residence and looking into a window, according to the Sheriff’s Office.

Units arrived at the East First Street residence, after which they transported the man to a local hospital for a mental health evaluation, according to the Sheriff’s Office.

Shoplifting: The Plains

Deputies responded to a shoplifting complaint in The Plains on Tuesday, according to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office.

Deputies arrived at a business on North Plains Road, where a report was taken, according to the Sheriff’s Office. The incident is under investigation.

Man trespasses on private Athens property

Deputies responded to a report of a suspicious man Tuesday, according to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office.

Upon arrival at West Bent Brook Lane, deputies located the man on wooded private property, according to the Sheriff’s Office.

Deputies issued the man two trespass complaints and asked him to leave the property, according to the Sheriff’s Office.

Domestic dispute discovered in 911 hang-up call

Deputies responded to a 911 hang-up Monday, according to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office.

Upon arrival at Upper River Road, deputies discovered it to be a verbal domestic dispute, according to the Sheriff’s Office.

Deputies spoke with both parties involved, who agreed to separate within their residence, according to the Sheriff’s Office. 

Livestock roams Trimble roadway

Deputies patrolled the Trimble area Monday for livestock in the roadway, according to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office.

Deputies patrolled State Route 329 and all adjoining roads for the livestock. No animals were located, according to the Sheriff’s Office.

Man arrested on warrants during vehicle stop

Deputies arrested a man on two warrants during a vehicle stop Sept. 7, according to the Athens County Sheriff’’s Office.

While patrolling The Plains, deputies stopped the vehicle on an equipment violation. Upon making contact with the driver, they found he had two active arrest warrants, according to the Sheriff’s Office.

Deputies took the driver into custody. He was transported to the Southeastern Ohio Regional Jail, according to the Sheriff’s Office.

Man disorderly in Subway location, served trespass complaint

Deputies went Sept. 6 to the Subway in The Plains, located at 74 N. Plains Road, in reference to disorderly conduct, according to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office.

Deputies located the man, who refused to leave the premises, according to the Sheriff’s Office.

At the request of management, the man was removed from the Subway location, according to the Sheriff’s Office.

Man reported lying on the ground for hours, deputies lend helpful hand.

Deputies responded to a well-being check for a man lying on the ground for hours Sept. 6, according to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office.

Deputies arrived at Poston-Salem Road, where the subject was located, according to the Sheriff’s Office.

The deputies transported the man to Nelsonville to help his journey to Lancaster, as a courtesy. The subject did not violate any laws, according to the Sheriff’s Office.

@TaylorOrcutt

@to708620@ohio.edu