Athens City Police Department Patrol Officer, Darren Olexa standing in front of two police cruisers, Feb.24,2024 during a routine traffic stop in Athens Ohio.

Police Blotter: Suspicious activity at Athens High School, horn blowing in Amesville

Call-in hack

Deputies received a complaint of call-in hacking Thursday, according to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office.

Deputies spoke to the complainant of Millfield, and a report was taken.

Runaway

Deputies responded to Amesville on a runaway juvenile complaint Thursday, according to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office.

A report was taken by deputies, and a search is underway to locate the juvenile, according to the Sheriff’s Office.

RV dispute

According to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office, an RV was reported possibly stolen Wednesday.

Deputies responded to Glouster and made contact with a male who said he had spoken to the units the prior week, according to the Sheriff’s Office.

The situation was determined to be a civil issue, and no further action was required.

No trespassing!

A suspicious vehicle was reported Wednesday, according to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office.

The vehicle was reported turning around on a Radford Road property, according to the Sheriff’s Office. The investigation is pending.

Missing, then found

Ohio University Police Department took a missing person report Wednesday at 48 E. Green Drive.

The individual was later located in good health, according to OUPD.

Tractor tip

On state Route 56, Deputies were advised of a tractor rollover accident Tuesday, according to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office.

Deputies located the accident to find passer-byers assisting the individual, according to the Sheriff’s Office.

The individual involved in the accident refused any medical assistance, appearing in good health. 

The elderly subject wanders Chauncey

Deputies responded to Chauncey for a report of an elderly subject wandering the streets Tuesday, appearing lost and confused, according to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office.

Deputies arrived, identified the subject and contacted the subject’s spouse. EMS transported the subject to the hospital.

False alarm 1

An alarm was dropped at the Shriner building Aug 19., according to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office.

Deputies responded to Connett Road in The Plains and secured the building upon arrival, according to the Sheriff’s Office.

False alarm 2

Deputies responded to an activated residential alarm Aug. 19, according to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office.

The alarm company canceled the response as a false alarm, and deputies returned to patrol.

Suspicious activity

Deputies responded to Athens High School Aug. 18 for suspicious activity, according to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office.

Deputies checked the school building and found an unlocked door. Deputies found no suspects and secured the building.

Open dumping

Deputies located a man on an active arrest warrant, according to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office.

The man’s warrant was for open dumping, according to Southeast Ohio Regional Jail. 

He was transported to Southeast Ohio Regional Jail without incident, according to the Sheriff’s Office.

‘Horn blowing’

The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to a horn-blowing report at Marietta Run Road in Amesville Aug. 18.

The area was surveyed, but the responders did not hear a horn, according to the Sheriff’s Office.

@TaylorOrcutt

@to708620@ohio.edu