President Trump delivers remarks at an enthusastic rally in Circleville, Ohio, on Saturday, Oct. 24, 2020. Trump's main themes for his Saturday rally centered around the return of Big Ten Football while touching on Circleville's dominant blue collar labor force.

Suspected Trump shooter identified as Thomas Matthew Crooks

The FBI has identified the suspect of former President Donald Trump’s attempted assissination as Thomas Matthew Crooks from Bethel Park, Pennsylvania, according to the Associated Press.

Crooks allegedly fired shots at Trump at a campaign rally in Butler, Pennsylvania, on Saturday, according to the AP. 

One audience member, Corey Comperatore, was killed, and two others were critically injured, according to the AP. 

Investigators are gathering more details about Crooks, who allegedly opened fire from a rooftop outside the rally venue before being killed by the Secret Service, according to the AP. 

Law enforcement recovered an AR-style rifle at the scene and found bomb-making materials in Crooks’ vehicle and residence, according to the AP. 

The FBI has not determined a motive for the shooting, according to the AP. Public court records in Pennsylvania show no prior criminal history for Crooks.

Crooks' political affiliations remain unclear, according to the AP. Voter records indicate he’s a registered Republican in Pennsylvania; however, federal campaign finance records show a $15 donation to a progressive political action committee the day President Joe Biden took office.

@maggie.amacher

ma657122@ohio.edu