Unruly juvenile disrupts state testing, loose cow

Saved by the bell

Athens County Sheriff’s deputies responded to Trimble Middle School for an unruly juvenile. 

Later charged with disorderly conduct, the student caused a disturbance during state testing hours.

Deputies resumed patrol following the incident. 

Scam or no scam

A call came in for a money scam and the caller was connected with deputies.

Although no criminal action took place, the caller was advised of the possible scam according to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office.

No further action was taken.

Fast and furious

A reckless driver entered Athens County. The Vinton County Sheriff’s Office notified the Athens County Sheriff’s Office who made a traffic stop and issued a citation. 

The citation was for driving under a suspended license.

Deputies resumed patrol.

Wanted: missing firearm

Sheriff’s deputies spoke with a man who reported a theft of a firearm.

A report was taken and an investigation is pending at this time, according to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office. 

That ship has sailed

Athens County Sheriff’s deputies responded to The Plains for people arguing. 

Upon arrival on the scene, deputies contacted an individual who informed them the parties involved in the arguing had already left. 

No further action was taken. 

Just yapping 

A walk-in report was taken at the Athens County Sheriff’s Office. The individual could not provide any pertinent information after speaking with deputies.

No further action was needed according to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office. 

Children of the road

A small child was playing in the road on state Route 13 near Sand Ridge Road, according to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office.

Once deputies made it to the scene, they located the child and spoke with the parents who were charged with child endangerment.

Working overtime

Responding to Penn Street in Glouster, Athens County Sheriff’s deputies took a stalking complaint, taking a report.

Deputies gave one individual a warning for telecommunications harassment.

No further action was taken. 

Mario Kart 

Deputies responded to a non-injury traffic crash in Parking Lot 134 on campus. 

Ohio University Police Department took a report and labeled the incident type as failure to control the vehicle.

Mystery extinguisher

Ohio University Police Department deputies responded to a discharged fire extinguisher in a hallway in Ryors Hall. 

Deputies took a report for criminal mischief by an unknown individual.

It’ll catch up to you

Athens County Sheriff’s deputies responded to Chauncey with a report of an inactive fight.

Upon arrival on the scene, deputies determined an assault had taken place after speaking with the caller.

The suspect left the scene before law enforcement arrived.

The case will be sent to municipal court for charges, according to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office. 

Who let the cows out

Deputies were dispatched to state Route 550 at Hooper Ridge Roadway to patrol for a cow.

After searching the area for a loose cow, deputies could not make contact with the escaped animal.

No further action was taken, according to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office. 

But it's nap time?

Deputies were dispatched to state Route 550 again but, this time, to Mill Creek Road for a suspicious vehicle. 

The driver was found asleep in the driver’s seat when deputies contacted them. The vehicle was moved off the roadway.

The Ohio State Highway Patrol was called to check the driver and found they were not impaired. 

The property owner gave permission for the individual to sleep in his vehicle in their parking lot.

No further action was taken according to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office. 

Offroading

Athens County Sheriff’s deputies responded to Wildwood Lane in Athens for a trespassing complainant. 

The caller said ATVs had been driven through his property, but after patrolling, deputies were unable to locate any ATVs.

No further action was taken. 

Chronic tampering

The Ohio University Police Department took a report for a damaged exit sign in Sargent Hall.

No further action was taken. 

@emthegemmy 

es542222@ohio.edu