Taylor Swift announces ‘Eras Tour’ of US stadiums for 2023

Early this morning, Taylor Swift surprised fans with her return to touring, announcing on social media a U.S. tour starting in March. The “Eras Tour” will see the singer travel across the country, making her first pit stop in Glendale, AZ. The singer also mentioned that international tour dates would be announced at a later date.

While the idea of Swift touring again has caused a frenzy within the Swifties fanbase, her planned opening acts are just as exciting. With all-female acts, the singer is gearing up to perform alongside Paramore, Haim, Phoebe Bridgers, Girl in Red, Beabadoobee, MUNA, Gayle, Gracie Abrams and Owenn during the tour’s 27 stops. 

With the tour starting on March 18, Arizona is a memorable location for Swift, as it was the same place where her “Reputation” tour in 2018 began. The singer will end the tour after four and a half months with two nights at LA’s SoFi Stadium, where she was slated to host her “Lover Fest” mini-tour in 2020 before the COVID-19 pandemic. 

Access to tickets will cause even more chaos over the next several weeks, as registration for pre-sale is now open until Nov. 9. For Capital-One cardholders, one of Swift’s biggest sponsorships, pre-sale tickets will go on sale from Nov. 15 at 2 p.m. to Nov. 17 at 10 p.m. local times. 

As done with her previous tour, there will be a Ticketmaster Verified Fan program “to ensure tickets get into the hands of fans.” Fans will find out if they have access to the pre-sale on Nov. 15 the night before via email.

General public on-sale will begin on Nov 18 at 10 a.m. local time, with Swift promising tickets ranging from $49 to $449 and VIP packages starting at $199 and going up to $899. 

@grace_koe

gk011320@ohio.edu