6 podcasts to listen to on a road trip

Cooler air and color-changing leaves are on the horizon, meaning it's the perfect weather for road trips. The drive to the destination can seem never-ending. Podcasts are a fun way to pass the time, whether listeners binge-watch multiple episodes or listen to a mix of genres. Remove the phrase "Are we there yet?" from your next road trip with these six podcasts:

Sounds Like A Cult

“Sounds Like A Cult” asks how obsessed is too obsessive. The podcast dissects modern-day "cults" people follow, such as SoulCycle and astrology. As its podcast bio states, it tries to answer the question, "This group sounds like a cult, but is it really?" This podcast will leave listeners wondering what modern-day cults they may be unknowingly following.  

My Favorite Murder with Karen Kilgariff and Georgia Hardstark

Get your true crime fix by listening to “My Favorite Murder” with Karen Kilgariff and Georgia Hardstark. Listeners have 291 episodes to choose from, making this a good podcast for an exceptionally long road trip. Twice a week, the hosts tell hometown crime tales and murder stories from fans and friends. “My Favorite Murder” has proven to be a fan favorite, with it routinely being on the top 10 iTunes chart and holding a strong following since its start in 2016. 

Solvable

“Solvable” is an Apple Music podcast that will make you think critically. Each week, host Ronald Young Jr. interviews innovative thinkers like Mike Gauyo (director of Ginny & Georgia) and Bri Campos (body image coach and mental health counselor). Interviewees discuss their solutions to substantial world issues, like lack of mental health resources for Black people and disordered eating. “Solvable” instills hope that the world's problems, while daunting, have the potential to be solved. 

Office Ladies

The Office fans unite! “Office Ladies” is a weekly podcast that chronologically breaks down episodes of The Office. The hosts are two of The Office's main characters, Jenna Fischer (Pam Beesly) and Angela Kinsey (Angela Martin). “Office Ladies” shares bloopers and behind-the-scenes stories that make fans feel like they were on set while filming The Office

What We Said

“What We Said” talks about everything from relationships to advice to life stories. The “What We Said” hosts are best friends Jaci Marie and Chelsey Jade. They have episodes where they read fans’ stories, do Q&As and have guest speakers. “What We Said” leaves listeners feeling like they are catching up with the girls rather than just streaming the show.  

Things I Got Wrong at Trivia

Listen to “Things I Got Wrong at Trivia” for those who want to learn while on the go. This award-winning podcast from 2019 is like going out to trivia night with your friends. “Things I Got Wrong at Trivia” blends unique topics and interesting facts to keep listeners engaged and on their toes the whole episode.

@colant_juliana  

jc079419@ohio.edu