Cincinnati Bengals QB Joe Burrow suffers season ending leg injury; Spring Semester quarantine changes include a Remain-in-Room system

Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow suffered a season ending leg injury after getting sandwiched by two Washington defenders. Burrow was carted off the field in the third quarter of the home game at Paul Brown Stadium. Later, Burrow tweeted out: “Thanks for all the love. Can’t get rid of me that easy. See ya next year.” 

The news comes as a disappointment, as Burrow was on track to set new rookie records for the NFL franchise. Burrow was projected to have six 300-yard passing games in his first 10 games. 

After Burrow left the field, second-year quarterback Ryan Finely took the field for the rest of the game. 

The Bengals lost 20-9 to Washington. 

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required

News from The Post:

Here’s how cancel culture has earned a conflicting reputation on social media. (The Post)

Spring Semester quarantine changes include a Remain-in-Room system. (The Post)

Here is every song by Cigarettes After Sex, ranked. (The Post)

Athens Weather

Wear a coat! Today will be cloudy with no precipitation and a high of 46 degrees. The evening will be a low of 21 degrees. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

You might also want to know…

Crowds gathered in Huntington Beach, CA on Saturday in protest of new COVID-19 curfew. (CBS LA)

Russian President Vladmir Putin says he isn’t ready to recognize or work with President-Elect Biden yet. (Bloomberg)

Memes, of course, have taken over the 2020 presidential election. (NBC)

@ritchey_grant

gr619615@ohio.edu