Jo's husband dies in the latest episode of 'Grey's Anatomy.' (via @GreysABC)

Let’s talk about that death on ‘Grey’s Anatomy’

It looks like Jo Wilson (Camilla Luddington) will finally get her happy ending. The doctor’s abusive husband was killed in Tuesday’s episode of Grey’s Anatomy, but it was not without drama. 

Last week’s episode ended with Jo and Alex Karev (Justin Chambers) looking at Paul Stadler (Matthew Morrison) through the window into an ER room. Paul was involved in a hit-and-run, and ended back up at Grey Sloan Memorial. The first suspects were Alex and Jo, but then Jenny (Bethany Joy-Lenz) came into the light. It turned out she didn’t do it either. 

When it appeared Paul is going to be fine, Jenny came in to tell him she’s taking him to court. That caused him to lunge forward, hit his concussed head on the bed and fall off it. Meredith Grey (Ellen Pompeo) searched for a pulse but couldn’t find one. After a crash cart is brought in, they hooked him up and pronounced him brain dead. 

Because Jo was legally still married to him, she got to choose whether or not to pull the plug. Instead of walking right up to the cord and pulling it — like any woman in her position would love to do — she decided to donate his organs. 

“There is light and there is darkness and sometimes they coexist,” Jo said. 

It’s great to see that character out of Jo’s life. She deserves to live a happy life with Alex. But then again, that plotline was one of the best in the series. It’s too bad it’s gone forever. 

Fans reacted to the episode on Twitter: 

Grey’s Anatomy airs Thursdays at 8 p.m. on ABC

@georgiadee35

gd497415@ohio.edu