It was revealed in Tuesday's episode of This Is Us that Kate is pregnant. (via @ChrissyMetz on Twitter)

Someone is pregnant on ‘This Is Us’

While fans of This Is Us will be reaching for the tissues, one character will be reaching for the baby wipes. 

In the last moments of Tuesday’s episode, it was revealed that Kate (Chrissy Metz) is expecting her first child. 

Throughout the episode, Kate was obsessively worrying about her weight and fitting into a dress for a performance. Though she worries about her weight in nearly every episode, this time seemed a little excessive. But her last scene of the episode showed her at the doctor’s office and asking a technician if she was taking the right vitamins. Kate asks if “it’s still there,” and the technician responds with “it’s the size of lentil” and that she is six weeks along. Kate worried about how her age and weight will affect the baby.

Kate has had the worst storyline of the big three. Randall (Sterling K. Brown) is a complex character with an amazing familial relationship. Kevin (Justin Hartley) even has many facets to his personality that have really come forth in recent episodes. Kate has been stuck in the same storyline for the duration of the show with very little variety. The pregnancy is sure to shake things up. The added storyline will hopefully bring up some social issues the show has not had the chance to bring up.

Some fans reacted on Twitter to the baby news:

This Is Us airs Tuesdays at 9 p.m. on NBC.

@georgiadee35

gd497415@ohio.edu