The date in the Harry Potter epilogue is upon us. (PROVIDED via The Magic of Hogwarts on YouTube)

19 years later: 19 celebrities you forgot were in the 'Harry Potter' movies

Sept. 1 is an important date in the Harry Potter universe. It’s the day every witch and wizard boards the Hogwarts Express and journeys to the wizarding school.

Friday marks the “19 Years Later” epilogue in the final book. That means Harry and Ginny sent two of their children off to Hogwarts today. 

The world of Harry Potter is huge and includes many celebrities you might have forgotten about. Here are 19 of those famous celebs that made appearances in the $25 billion franchise:

1. Alfred Enoch  — Enoch played Seamus Finnigan’s best friend and muggle-born Dean Thomas, but he is also known for his role as Wes on ABC’s How To Get Away With Murder.

2. Verne Troyer— The first Griphook was played by Taylor. The actor also starred as Mini-Me in two of the Austin Powers movies.  

3. John Cleese — The British actor played Nearly Headless Nick and voiced the King in Shrek 2. He also appeared in Monty Python 

4. Julianne Hough — The Rock of Ages and Dancing with the Stars alum made a cameo in Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone at a quidditch match.

5. Derek Hough — The dancing pro — and brother of Julianne — waltzed through the background as a Ravenclaw boy. 

6. Domhnall Gleeson — The actor who played Bill Weasley also appeared in Star Wars: The Force Awakens as General Hux.

7. Freddie Stroma — The good-looking actor played the clingy Cormac McLaggen who sought after Hermione Granger (Emma Watson). Stroma also played the school DJ with the washboard abs in Pitch Perfect. 

8. Michelle Fairley — The former Lady of Winterfell, Catelyn Stark, made a small appearance as Hermione’s mother in the seventh movie.

9. Natalia Tena— Tena was another actor who went from Harry Potter to Game of Thrones. Tena played Tonks in the movie and Osha in the show.

10. Jonny Greenwood — The lead guitarist of Radiohead showed off his performance skills as a member of Weird Sisters in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

11. David Tennant — The former Dr. Who played Barty Crouch Jr. in Goblet of Fire, when he drank some polyjuice potion and pretended to be a professor.

12. Robert Pattinson — The Twilight star didn’t play a vampire in this franchise. Instead, he played Cedric Diggory, the boy who died.

13. Jamie Campbell Bower — Bower, who acted in The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones, played a minor role in the movies. He played the dark wizard Gellert Grindelwald.

14. Christian Coulson — Coulson starred as Tom Riddle in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets and appeared on shows like Gossip Girl and The Good Wife.

15. Kelly MacDonald — The actress who played Helena Ravenclaw also voiced Merida in Brave.

16. Emma Thompson — The famous British actress played Professor Sybil Trelawney. She has appeared in other movies such as Love Actually and Nanny McPhee.

17. Jim Broadbent — Broadbent, who played professor Horace Slughorn, is another big actor in Britain. Most recently, he made an appearance as Archmaester Ebrose in Game of Thrones.

18. Scarlett Byrne — Byrne played Draco Malfoy (Tom Felton)’s posse member in the series, and she also had a role in the now-cancelled Vampire Diaries.

19. Gary Oldman — Oldman played Harry’s lovable godfather Sirius Black, but did you know he was also Detective Gordon in Christopher Nolan’s Batman series?

If you’re anything like me, celebrate this momentous mark in Harry Potter history by drinking butterbeer and binge-watching the flicks. 

@georgiadee35

gd497415@ohio.edu