Dave Coulier, who is known for his role as Uncle Joey on Full House and Fuller House, will perform stand-up comedy for Dads Weekend on Nov. 4. (Provided via Andrew Holzaepfel)

Performing Arts and Concert Series to bring ‘Full House’ actor, saxophonist Kenny G

The Performing Arts and Concert Series lineup will have people saying “Have mercy” and “Cut it out.”

The list of performers set to come to Ohio University for the 2017-18 Academic Year includes stand-up comedian Dave Coulier, jazz musician Kenny G and traveling broadway shows.

The main series and special add-on shows will pave the way for an “eclectic year,” Andrew Holzaepfel, the senior associate director of student activities, said.

Coulier is most known for his role as the loveable and goofy Uncle Joey on the sitcom Full House and the Netflix revival Fuller House. Coulier will perform on Nov. 4 during Dads Weekend.

Holzaepfel received “strong recommendations” from other universities to bring Coulier to OU, he said.

“He’s clean (and) extremely funny,” he said. “He will relate well to the dads in the house.”

Instrumentalist Kenny G will perform in the Templeton-Blackburn Alumni Memorial Auditorium on March 23. Kenny G has been nominated for 17 Grammy Awards and has recorded many albums.

Holzaepfel expects a lot tickets will be sold for the show because Kenny G is a “huge name.”

Holzaepfel said he is excited for the national tours of The Wizard of Oz and Cabaret, which will be in MemAud on Nov. 9 and Jan. 23, respectively.

Cheyanne Skaggs, a senior studying strategic communication, is interested in seeing some of the acts in the fall and spring, especially the Broadway shows. Skaggs has attended the Performing Arts and Concert Series shows in the past and said the series is important to the student culture at OU.

“I personally think that a lot goes into that … and i really like to see it performed,” Skaggs said.

Some of the concert series performances, which brings musical acts from all genres, will be announced in July, Holzaepfel said.

@georgiadee35

gd497415@ohio.edu