ONCE UPON A TIME - "The Black Fairy" - In flashback, after Rumple's mother, Fiona, learns from his fairy godmother that his destiny is prophesized, she does everything in her power to keep it from happening. Ultimately, Fiona will have to make a decision that will change the course of both their lives forever. Meanwhile in Storybrooke, Rumple faces a similar delimna, on "Once Upon a Time," SUNDAY, APRIL 30 (8:00-9:00 p.m. EDT), on The ABC Television Network. (ABC/Jack Rowand) COLIN O'DONOGHUE, KEEGAN CONNOR TRACY, JOSH DALLAS, JAIME MURRAY, ROBERT CARLYLE, EMILIE DE RAVIN, JENNIFER MORRISON

TV Review: The Black Fairy’s secret is revealed on ‘Once Upon a Time’

In Sunday’s episode of Once Upon a Time, the reason the Black Fairy (Jaime Murray) had to give up Rumplestiltskin (Robert Carlyle) is revealed. Here is what happened in the show’s latest episode.

Emma wasn’t supposed to be the only Savior

The episode’s flashbacks revolved around the Black Fairy and the birth of Rumpelstiltskin. When Rumple is born, the Blue Fairy (Keegan Connor Tracy) and Tiger Lily (Sara Tomko), his godmother, turn up. They tell the Black Fairy that her son is destined to be a Savior and he will die in a final battle. Talk about a plot twist. Rumple is consistently evil, and I would have never guessed he was destined to be a Savior.

The Black Fairy’s secret is revealed

The Black Fairy is not happy when she finds out that her son’s fate is to die. She searches for ways to reverse Rumple’s fate. She tries to create a dark curse that will banish the person who is supposed to kill him, a person with a crescent moon on their wrist. Tiger Lily warns the Black Fairy that this won’t work.

At this point, the Black Fairy isn’t completely dark yet, but when she almost crushes Tiger Lily’s heart, she turns into her most evil self. The Blue Fairy shows up and Tiger Lily gives her another way to save Rumple — the shears that can alter fate. The fairies tell her to cut her fate to save her son, but she doesn’t want to give up her powers. Instead, she cuts Rumple’s fate, so the Blue Fairy banishes her to another realm. Her deepest, darkest secret was that she never wanted to give up Rumple and she alway cared about him.

Via giphy.com

Zelena puts her new driving skills to the test

After giving up her magic in last week’s episode, Zelena (Rebecca Mader) finds a new way to protect her daughter. Regina (Lana Parrilla) teaches her how to drive so she can drive to New York City.

Regina and some of the other good guys find the other part of the wand that can defeat the Black Fairy at Granny’s. The Black Fairy shows up and Regina challenges her to a western-esque duel — but with magic. When the Black Fairy hurts Regina, Zelena comes out of nowhere and hits the Black Fairy with her car. It was definitely the highlight of the episode.

Via giphy.com

The Black Fairy is banished (maybe)

When Rumple figures out his mom is the one who is supposed to kill him, he puts the two pieces of the wand together and sets out to kill the Black Fairy. His mom tells him she never wanted to give him up, and it looks like he second-guesses killing her. Rumple delivers a black-as-coal heart to Snow White (Ginnifer Goodwin) and Prince Charming (Josh Dallas), making it look like he does kill her.

In the last scene of the episode, Rumple goes out to the docks. Waiting in the shadows is the Black Fairy. He didn’t kill her. Again, Rumple succumbs to his evil side. The Black Fairy tells Rumple that tomorrow will be a very important day for Emma — “Tomorrow is the day she dies.”

Via giphy.com

Emma and Hook prepare to wed

Because they think the Black Fairy is finally gone, Emma and Hook prepare for their wedding that is scheduled to take place the next day. The first thing Hook does is talk to Henry about his newest mission — being the Best Man. That is seriously so touching.

The wedding is going to be very interesting. Next week’s episode will include the wedding and also be a musical. Hopefully the Black Fairy doesn’t ruin this couple’s happy ending.

Once Upon a Time airs every Sunday at 8 p.m. on ABC.

@georgiadee35

gd497415@ohio.edu