Ohio University's Jaaron Simmons goes up to the basket against Sam Houston's Paul Baxter during a home game against Sam Houston State at the Convocation Center on November 14, 2016. Ohio University defeated Sam Houston 96-75. "MICHAEL JOHNSON | FOR THE POST"

What you missed in Ohio Athletics over Winter Break

Now that we're heading back to class, The Post Sports decided to sparknote a few sports for you to catch up on all things Ohio Athletics.

Football: Ohio earned a trip to the Dollar General Bowl, which took place on Dec. 23. Ohio fell to Troy, 28-23.

Greg Windham returned as the starting quarterback in Mobile, but turned the ball over five times on the evening. Ohio finished the season 8-6 with the loss, having lost its final two games by a combined 11 points. The Bobcats said goodbye to some notable seniors as well, including Windham, Tarell Basham, Blair Brown and Sebastian Smith, amongst other seniors.

Ohio now has completely shifted its focus to recruiting, the biggest storyline of the offseason. National Signing Day is Feb. 1st. -Andrew Gillis

Men’s Basketball: To this point, Ohio has filled preseason expectations: the team is good. And certainly good enough to legitimately compete for a Mid-American Conference championship this March.

Sitting at 10-3 overall and 2-0 in conference play as of press time, Ohio used December to work out some early offensive kinks and sharpen its ball-screen defense. The result: the Bobcats have won six of their last eight. One of those losses was a one-point loss on the road. Another game was a 30-point win over a conference foe. They’ve outscored their past two opponents by a combined 49 points. -Luke O'Roark

Wrestling: Despite the month-long break, Ohio struggled for downtime, as the Bobcats wrestled in four duals and participated in the Midlands Tournament in Evanston, Illinois.

Ohio went 2-2 in its four dual meets over the winter break losing to Mid-American Conference-rival Missouri on Dec. 11 and to Central Michigan on Jan. 8, but notched wins against UT Chattanooga and MAC foe Eastern Michigan.

Ohio has its first dual of the semester Jan. 13 in DeKalb, Illinois, where it will face Northern Illinois. -Matt Parker

Swim and Dive: A month break in between meets did not mean the team was resting as it stayed on campus training until Dec. 23, only to return on Jan. 2 to get ready for its meet Jan. 7. During the break, Ohio focused on improvement, which showed in its win over Denison on Saturday 192.5-104.5. -Eric Walker

Athens Basketball: Athens and new coach Mickey Cozart are off to a promising 6-1 start. Cozart’s wish for a high-powered fast-paced offense seem to be paying off, as the Bulldogs are averaging 66.4 points per game. A low scoring affair with Alexander — a 39-26 victory — skews that average, though. The lone loss came to Vinton County, who is undefeated, and lead the Tri-Valley Conference Ohio division, with the Bulldogs just behind. -Trevor Colgan

@ThePostSports