Athens reacts to a Trump presidency; hockey team is No. 1

Here’s what you need to know for Thursday, Nov. 10, 2016

News From The Post

• In a survey of OU students, more than 80 percent reported being the victim of some kind of sexual misconduct. (The Post)
  • Two boys were caught stealing political signs from yards during the weekend. (The Post)

Good Morning,

A shell-shocked country seemed to collectively pinch itself on Wednesday morning to make sure it wasn’t dreaming.

What it found was the Republican nominee Donald J. Trump was still the president-elect of the United States.

Reactions were mixed across Athens on Wednesday morning as democratic nominee Hillary Clinton delivered her concession speech. In the speech, Clinton referred to the loss as “painful” but also gave her well wishes to the Donald.

“I hope that he will be a successful president for all Americans,” Clinton said.

Some couples seem to have less faith in Donald Trump than Secretary Clinton does, however. A same-sex couple married on the Athens County courthouse steps on Wednesday in protest of Trump’s presidency.

Bobcats were varied in their reactions to the president-elect. Click here to find out more.

Weather

Today will be markedly less horrible than yesterday. It will be 62 degrees and mostly sunny. (Via Scalia Lab)

Scores and Game Times

The hockey team is now No. 1 in the country, according to one poll.

You might also want to know …

You can now get (legally) high in at least three new states. (The Washington Post)

We may be getting a 51st state very soon. (NPR)

@leckronebennett

bl646915@ohio.edu