Letter: Showing victims of abortion is an act of love

One of the biggest priorities of Bobcats for Life is displaying the abortion victims. We take photos of pre-born children who have been killed and put them on signs so that people can see the injustice of abortion. We have many people who get upset, say we are shaming women and even vandalize our signs. However, our intentions are often misinterpreted. We show the abortion victims as an act of love.

What people often forget about abortion is that there are real victims. Inarguably, they are pre-born humans (yes, humans) who are decapitated, dismembered and disemboweled during the process of abortion. They’re being so mistreated in our society. Shouldn’t they be able to share their story?

The reason that we put the victims on a board and allow others to see them is not to shame women, trigger people or incite emotion — it’s so that the abortion victims can share their story and speak out about what has happened to them. Whenever we put them up for people to see, the victims are saying, “This is what has happened to me!”

The reason that people react in emotion is because of how graphic the pictures are, because abortion IS graphic! There is no way to make abortion look any prettier. How can we show pictures of social injustice that also show positivity? We cannot. We must show injustice as it is, and it is truly ugly and graphic.

I love the pre-born, as I try to love all humans. Unfortunately, the pre-born are undergoing the biggest social injustice of our lifetime. Therefore, out of the love that I have for them, I want them to have a chance to share their story. I want the pre-born to be able to tell the world that what is happening to them must be stopped.

In the words of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., “Like a boil that must be opened with all its ugliness to the natural medicines of air and light, injustice must be exposed to the light of human conscience before it can be cured.”

Jacob Hoback is the president and founder of Bobcats for Life. He is also a sophomore studying political science pre-law at Ohio University