Elena Patz swims in the 200-yard butterfly during the Bobcats’ meet with Ball State at the Ohio University Aquatic Center on Jan. 30. (FILE)

Swimming and Diving: Final day of NCAA Zone 'C' Championships

Ohio diving finished its season out Saturday behind performances from Olivia Dillon and Haleigh Bartlett. 

Ohio's diving season concluded on Saturday in West Lafayette, Indiana, with a strong performance from Olivia Dillon.

Dillon, a freshman from Newcastle, Australia, finished 16th out of 18 divers in the NCAA Diving Zone 'C' Championship women platform section with a total score of 397.30.

Dillion was 250 points away from first place finisher Olivia Rosendahl of Northwestern. 

In the preliminaries, Dillon had a degree of difficulty of 13.9 to go along with her net score of 70.5. She garnered a 195.75 score on five dives.

With scores carrying over, she sat in 16th place going into the finals.

In the finals, her degree of difficulty again was set at 13.9, as she finished with a net score of 73.00 and a final score of 397.30.

Graduate student Haleigh Bartlett finished 16th place in the 3-meter Championship with a score of 554.75 on six dives. Bartlett took 10th in the preliminaries leading up to the championship round. 

{{tncms-asset app="editorial" id="24e86be2-bef9-11e5-a133-6f39b2cb9d11"}}

The swim team will wrap up its season in Atlanta, Georgia, for the 2016 NCAA Championships starting March 17.

@spencerholbrook

sh690914@ohio.edu