Police Blotter

Police Blotter: Tears and urine were flowing at Saturday's High Fest

One man cried after officers observed him and another man urinating on a fence at High Fest on Saturday.

Police officers encountered various liquids in the past week, including beer, wine, tears and urine.

One man cried after officers observed him and another man urinating on a fence at the rear of 28 N. High St. at about 4 p.m. Saturday, according to an Ohio University Police Department report.

The first man "was unsteady on his feet and had a difficult time controlling his emotions ... during the interaction," the report reads.

Officers found two additional driver's licenses in the man's wallet. They were both fake, according to the report.

Officers charged the man with public urination and for possessing a fictitious ID, according to the report. They cited the other man, who also urinated on the fence, with public urination and underage consumption.

The incident was one of 13 citations OUPD issued between March 14 and Sunday.

In another public urination incident, an officer observed a student urinating near 67 N. High St. at about 1 p.m. Saturday while holding an open can of Natural Light beer, according to a police report.

An officer cited the student with underage possession of alcohol.

Alcoholic punch

An intoxicated female visitor tried to punch and kick OUPD officers Saturday, according to a police report.

Two officers were dispatched to the garage by Sargent Hall at about 7 p.m. after someone reported a female "in distress and trying to get in various vehicles" to the department, according to a police report.

The visitor, meaning she neither attends nor works at OU, approached one officer, saying "help me," according to the report, but then tried to swing her fist at the other officer. Someone grabbed her hand to stop her, and she became calm again. An officer asked her to sit down on a step, according to the report.

The visitor became emotional again, "transitioning between violent and scared," according to the report. She tried to strike out at officers with her foot.

Officers arrested the visitor for underage consumption, and she was transported to the Southeastern Ohio Regional Jail, according to the report.

The incident was one of seven underage drinking citations OUPD issued between March 14 and Sunday.

Right behind you

An OUPD officer cited a student with an open container of alcohol after turning to find the student dancing behind him, according to a police report. 

The officer was in the street facing South High at about 3:30 p.m. Saturday when he turned to find the student in the street behind him with "a beer bottle in his hand containing an intoxicating beverage," according to the report.

In the other four open container citations OUPD issued between March 14 and Sunday, reports describe people holding an open wine bottle, a red cup of beer and an open can of Busch beer.

Hide the weed

OUPD officers observed a group "smoking in a manner that was consistent with smoking marijuana" in the garage by Adams Hall at about 1:30 a.m. Thursday, according to a police report.

{{tncms-asset app="editorial" id="3eb73a1a-eba6-11e5-b47c-8f951f096148"}}

Officers approached the group and saw a student drop an object "consistent with a marijuana cigarette" under the table. Officers cited the student with possession of a controlled substance.

OUPD issued eight other drug-related citations between March 14 and Sunday.

In another incident on High Street at about 4 p.m. Saturday, a student handed a pipe to another student, who put the pipe in his pocket after the two were approached by OUPD officers, according to a police report.

The student removed the pipe when officers asked him, and officers charged both students with illegal use or possession of marijuana.

@baileygallion

bg272614@ohio.edu