The Survivor Advocacy Program, located in Lindley Hall room 033, closed temporarily and is searching for an interim advocate.

The Survivor Advocacy Program interim coordinator application got pushed back again

The Ohio University Survivor Advocacy Program will start off Spring Semester without an interim program coordinator.

After the program temporarily closed Nov. 16, there are currently seven applicants for the OUSAP interim advocate role and the application deadline has been extended to Feb. 1, OU Spokesman Dan Pittman said.

“Our search committee, composed of Ohio administrators and students, will begin a thorough review of all applicants in early January in an effort to expedite the candidate screening process,” Pittman said in an email.

Delaney Anderson, the former program coordinator for OUSAP, left the university Oct. 16 after taking a job outside the university. Anderson, who had an annual salary of $37,230, worked at OUSAP for less than a year and told OU officials of her departure Sept. 29.

She was a confidential source and her departure has left OUSAP without a licensed and credentialed program coordinator.

The interim OUSAP advocate job was posted to ohiouniversityjobs.com Nov. 11, according to a previous Post report.

Applicants originally had until Nov. 27 to apply for the job, but the deadline was pushed back to Dec. 15, according to a previous Post report. Now the application deadline is Feb. 1.

Since OUSAP’s closing, its 24/7 hotline is not functioning and no staff are working out of the OUSAP offices, according to a previous Post report.

{{tncms-asset app="editorial" id="db7759f8-99d9-11e5-b749-a74f34c4f177"}}

Previously, Alicia Chavira-Prado, a special assistant to the vice provost for Diversity and Inclusion, provided administrative leadership to OUSAP. However, Chavira-Prado was not a confidential source and did not have a role in the advocacy services.

Following Anderson’s departure, OUSAP partnered with OU Counseling and Psychological Services.

@megankhenry

mh573113@ohio.edu