Fenzel House on South Green November 4, 2015 

More than 150 students are scheduled to stay on campus during Winter Break

Fenzel House and Sargent Hall are housing more than 150 students over Winter Break.

Over Winter Break, while some Ohio University students visit their homes or travel around the world, other Bobcats opt to stay on campus in a residence hall.

As of Dec. 11, 159 students are scheduled to stay on campus during break in Fenzel House and Sargent Hall, Pete Trentacoste, executive director of Housing and Residence Life, said.

Resident assistants will also be staying in the two residence halls over Winter Break, Trentacoste said.

The university offers three payment structures for students who stay on campus over break: $30 per day, $125 per week or $400 for the month, Trentacoste said.

“We have a tiered price structure to offer the best costs for students staying on campus the entire break period,” Trentacoste said in an email. “We charge students the lowest price for their particular situation.”

According to a previous Post report, Fenzel is vacant this academic year.  

During Winter Break, resources on campus are limited.

“Food options will be limited over winter break as none of the campus dining venues will be open during the break period,” Trentacoste said in an email.

West 82 in Baker Center will be open from Dec. 14-18 from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m.

“Housing and Residence Life will be hosting a series of programs in the Living Learning Center that will include food as part of the program for students staying on campus over break,” Trentacoste said in an email. “We will also be partnering with the Office of International Student and Faculty Services to host a cultural immersion event in the LLC on Sunday, Jan. 3 for all newly-admitted international students arriving spring semester and all students staying on campus over winter break.”

The Housing and Residence Life Office in the Living Learning Center will be open on weekdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m and professional staff will be on call in order to respond to emergencies, Trentacoste said.

The Ping Center will be closed from Dec. 19 to Jan. 3, according to its website. In addition, Alden Library will be closed on Dec. 19 and 20 and from Dec. 25 to Jan. 1, according to its website.

All residence halls on campus will open on Jan. 9 at 9 a.m. for returning students, Trentacoste said.

{{tncms-asset app="editorial" id="518bafe4-9d00-11e5-8bce-23ede609362c"}}

@megankhenry

mh573113@ohio.edu