The Weekender Banner

The Weekender: The dads are coming

It's Dads Weekend, folks. That means a large influx of "dad bods" and terrible, pun-based jokes will be had this weekend. If you are particularly dad joke adverse, plan to stay away from Fenzel House where close to 90 occupants are renting rooms from the university. Whether it is an attempt to relive his glory years from college, or just a typical frugal dad move is hard to determine.

Post Modern: Neil Hamrick started his freshman year in a daze.

Hamrick suffered his worst skateboard-related injury prior to his arrival at Ohio University in 2012.

“I broke my skull and had a traumatic brain injury,” the current senior studying aquatic biology said.

Even after his accident, Hamrick still skateboards and cited the sport as an outlet and part of his life where he “feels no pressure,” rather than just as a means of transportation on campus.

“When I picked up a skateboard, I felt a great sense of freedom, and there’s absolutely no pressure to follow any rules or be good at it or to succeed,” Hamrick said.

Daily Show Comedians: Two correspondents from The Daily Show are making their way to Athens to bring some laughter to Dads Weekend.

Athens Food for Dads: Morgan Kramer's dad has visited every year for Dads Weekend, and every year she takes him to one of his favorite food trucks: Ali Baba’s.

Friendly Faux: During the Athens Halloween Block Party, the population doubles, and yet Friendly Faux entertained what seemed to be the same amount of chaos while playing a two-day show in Columbus.

"The Nerd": Schuyler Fastenau said to “expect the unexpected” during the Lost Flamingo Company’s production of The Nerd.