Clare Palo

Technobabble: A thank you letter to GroupMe from all group project members

Columnist Clare Palo discusses how useful she thinks the app is for group projects.

Dear GroupMe,

This semester I have reached my all-time high of five GroupMe groups, and I would like to take the time to personally thank you. When it seems like group projects, or “team” projects, as professors like to refer to them now (don’t be fooled by the new branded image) are the worst, you always come through.

{{tncms-asset app="editorial" id="c28e4f64-7b5c-11e5-8cc5-5ba093bb18da"}}

I was first introduced to you back in 2013 when I studied abroad in Italy. My group members and I needed a way to contact each other about homework assignments and outings in the foreign city of Florence. You helped us share moments and pictures during our journey. You provided me with laughs, plenty of tapped hearts and a constant link to my friends.

I never thought our bond would blossom further until you released your web app just a couple months later, and I saw tears shed from all stressed group project souls. This semester rolled around and you are part of my life every day. Whether it’s messaging my group members at 3 a.m. the night before a project is due or avoiding personal group interaction altogether, you never let me wither.

When similar apps came about (I won’t mention them by name because I imagine it’s a tender topic) you still slayed the game. On behalf of me, and every college student, I thank you for your dedication in de-stressing our lives and bringing joy in difficult times.

Sincerely,

Clare Palo

Clare Palo is a senior studying journalism and digital content director for The Post. Do you think GroupMe is helpful? Tweet her @clarepalo or email her at cp954211@ohio.edu.