Pryde Geh, a first-year graduate student studying clinical mental health, prepares to pass the ball during the "Punt, Pass, and Kick" game on South Green Wednesday, November, 4th. Students are playing this game four days in a row. The top three players will then hold a kick off at Ping, and the winner will receive a T-shirt. 

Ohio University students compete for best 'Punt, Pass, Kick' in football event

Students took to the Mill Street fields to compete in an action-filled Punt Pass Kick competition.

Ohio University students competed this week for the opportunity to say they have longest punt, pass and kick on campus.

OU hosted the football competition "Punt, Pass, Kick" on its intramural fields by Mill Street from Monday to Thursday, and it will announce the winner on Friday.

Students showed up to compete in the event throughout the week. OU Campus Recreation, which puts on the event annually, will congratulate the winner with a T-shirt.

During the event, each competitor was given three attempts to punt, pass and kick a football. Multiple students who were playing other games on the intramural fields came over and joined in on the football trial.

Eric Eggleton, a sophomore studying sport management and marketing who helped run the event, said the competition is more challenging because if participants mess up one of their punts, passes or kicks, that counts as one of their tries. 

"There’s no real qualifications for it, you just sign up," Eggleton said. "Once you’re out there you can’t go over the line you have to throw from.”

Seth Hendrix, a junior studying marine biology, got to bring back his old football talents during the four day event.

“I played from fourth grade until I graduated high school," Hendrix said. "I was playing both offensive and defensive line."

Hendrix said he has never taken part in intramural events, but he had a good time in the competition. He added that kicking the ball was the biggest challenge for him. 

{{tncms-asset app="editorial" id="85aa8590-837c-11e5-94ed-e39f8a0b7f48"}}

Sean Graham, a junior studying plant biology, tagged along to the fields with Hendrix.

Graham said he had a fun time participating in the low maintenance football event.

“We were out tossing the football, so we figured might as well come over here and do the competition because we were doing the same thing," Graham said.

@lang_savannah33

SL196814@ohio.edu