Donald Trump stops in Columbus along the campaign trail

Before Trump took the stage, protesters took to the sidewalks outside the venue.

Donald Trump spoke to a packed house at the Greater Columbus Convention Center Monday night. Here’s a recap of what happened.

Trump spent some time at the beginning of his speech targeting fellow Republican Presidential candidate and Ohio Gov. John Kasich.

“Your governor is only 2 (percent), what happened?” Trump said. “I heard he was dropping out." Throughout his speech, topics ranged from ISIS to immigration to his distrust of the media, among others.

Before Trump took the stage, several vendors setting up in front of the convention center to sell Trump branded merchandise, including hats, pins and t-shirts.

One vendor said he follows Trump to all of his campaign destinations to sell merchandise.

Three or four protesters were outside the center at about 4:45 p.m. holding signs, one of which read, “Trump: Make America Racist Again.”

A steady stream of people flowed into the convention center, some stopping to buy merchandise or respond to protesters.

At 5:45 p.m., a march of about 100 protesters flooded the sidewalk near the convention center chanting “O-H-I-O, Donald Trump has got to go,” and “Black Lives Matter.”

Several speakers spoke to the crowd of protesters outside the convention center, including an Episcopal priest and a woman dressed as an “illegal alien.”

The line to enter the event inside the convention center continued to grow, even after the 7 p.m. start time. People entering the event were subject to screening by airport-like security with metal detectors. Wait times to enter were as long as 40 minutes.

Trump’s speech concluded without any major incidents, other than two protesters in Santa hats being escorted out mid-speech, according to Cincinnati.com.

Crowds swarmed to the barriers at the conclusion of Trump’s speech, hoping to get a glimpse of him or a cell phone picture up close, or if they were lucky, an autograph or a handshake.

Trump waved goodbye to supporters as he was led out by Secret Service members.

@PConnPie

pc511113@ohio.edu