Ohio junior forward Alexis Milesky passes the ball midair while defended by Kent State University forward Stephanie Haugh. The Golden Flashes defeated the Bobcats 3-2 in overtime to bring Ohio Univeristy's season to a close at Chessa Field in Athens, Ohio, on Thursday, October 30, 2014. 

Women's Soccer: Ohio scores two goals, remains winless in regular season

Ohio falls 3-2 Friday night after rain delay.

The goals came, but the result didn't.

The Bobcats scored their first two goals of the season Friday night, but it wasn't enough to put them past Marshall, as they lost 3-2.

Shortly after the first whistle, Ohio (0-4) claimed a corner, but nothing resulted from the attempt — a symbol of what was to come for the remainder of the game. 

Throughout the first half, it was only a matter of when Marshall (4-1) would score, as it seemed to get several chances at goal. The Thundering Herd outshot the Bobcats eight to four.

The opening goal came in the 30th minute when Jordan Parkhurst put her shot past freshman goalkeeper Erin Beurket. The rest of the half flat lined with Ohio going into the locker room trailing.

Things didn't get much better for the second 45 minutes of play.

Rodgers decided to keep Beurket in goal to start the second half, rather than changing to transfer Vanessa Cordoba.

It was Erin Simmons of Marshall netting her second goal of the season in the 47th minute. Shortly after the Marshall goal, the game was paused for 45 minutes for a lightning delay.

It was after an extended halftime that fueled Ohio to score its first goal in more than 400 minutes.

The first goal scorer was junior Alexis Milesky, who scored on the hour mark. That goal looked as if it would start a trend because freshman winger Stephanie Rowland added her name to the score sheet after she netted a goal in the 87th minute.

Although Ohio managed to get on the board for the first time of its 2015 campaign, it was too little, too late as the Bobcats weren't able to produce an equalizing goal and rob the Thundering Herd of three points.

Ohio will have a chance to continue its goal-scoring trend Sunday night at 6 p.m. when it travels to Lexington to take on top-25 contending Kentucky. Coach Aaron Rodgers used to be an assistant coach at Kentucky,

@wynstonw_

ww773412@ohio.edu