The Weekender Banner

The Weekender: First home football game of the year

As the short week wraps up, you can look forward to the first home football game of the year.

Welcome to The Weekender, you crazy Bobcats. This week was a short one, and if you had class in Ellis Hall, it was even shorter. As the short week wraps up, you can look forward to the first home football game of the year. Its against Marshall University, one of Ohio's biggest rivals. The Post will be previewing the game in a separate section you can pick up on news stands Friday and at the game Saturday.

What To Read This Weekend:

Polyamory: "(In monogamy) you’re expected to fill all these different roles. It’s kind of like putting all your eggs in one basket. Everybody thinks that friends should just fill every other need besides sexual… like Brad is supposed to be my primary person, the person I spend the most time with, and I don’t think it’s very natural to put restrictions like that,” said Sara Burrows, founder of the blog Polyamory Diaries.

Polyamory is the state of being romantically involved with multiple people and having the consent of all parties involved, and this week's Post Modern explains the concept, and how people of Athens. 

Pawpaw Festival: The annual Pawpaw Festival will occur again this weekend. There are shuttles leaving from the bottom of Baker Center every half-hour to take you to all the fruity paw-paw festivities. (Link)

MojoFlo: Is a band from Columbus that performs in Athens frequently and will also play at the Pawpaw Festival this weekend. The band is funky and puts its own special twist on covers and does a lot of original pieces. (Link)

Donkey Concerts and Open Mic: Take a look into the open stage performances at Donkey Coffee (Link)

Black Lives Matter: Sponsored by the history department, the annual Costa Lecture will have guest speaker, Peniel Joseph, focus on "Reimagining the Black Power Movement in the Age of Obama and Black Lives Matter.” (Link)

MOVIES: Want to see The Stanford Prison Experiment, The Visit or The Transporter Refueled? Check out The Athena CinemaThe Athena Grand or Movies 10 (Fun Barn) for showtimes.

See you at the game bobcats!

provided via CBS