The quarter zip is one of the five new items offered from the Ohio U collegiate collection. 

The Ohio University VS PINK line isn’t shrinking, campus representatives say

The Ohio University campus representatives for Victoria's Secret PINK explain why the number of clothing options have been fluctuating so often.

When the Ohio University line of Victoria’s Secret PINK collection debuted in July, five designs were available. Then the number began to fluctuate as it dropped to three and then rose to seven. As of press time, four were available on the clothing company’s website.

“I was extremely excited about Victoria’s Secret offering Ohio U., apparel but I’m disappointed and confused why OU has less than other schools,” Abby Griffiths, a freshman studying dance.

Morgan Matteson, a freshman studying nutrition, echoed the concern that the VS PINK’s OU line is shrinking.

However, this idea is a myth, said both Sarah Rachul and Edie Buess, OU’s two Victoria’s Secret campus representatives.

Rachul, a senior studying strategic communication, said “the line is constantly growing,” though more options are available in stores instead of online.

“The main hubs to purchase the clothing include Easton (Town Center), Polaris (Fashion Place), and Lancaster (River Valley Mall) malls,” Rachul said.

{{tncms-asset app="editorial" id="0868c068-2014-11e5-98d6-a7354a20fd1f"}}

Though that might be the case, Griffiths, who lives near Easton, said she was disappointed when visiting the mall because “there seems to be few options left.”

Both Buess and Rachul said PINK is constantly observing how many students are buying its clothing and which outfits students find most trendy. The hope, Rachul said, is that once PINK understands the demands of the students, they will be releasing more clothing at a faster rate.

“Items in the collegiate collection are offered until we have sold out of a particular item. Items can be restocked at any time, and can be discontinued at any time,” a VS Pink Customer Care associate said. “The PINK collection will always introduce new styles to keep up with the changing fashion trends.”

Part of the responsibilities of the campus representatives is to let Victoria’s Secret PINK know what styles are selling well and are well liked by the students.

{{tncms-asset app="editorial" id="339bb0e0-45cd-11e5-ab48-cba1b4ef54e4"}}

Releasing new attire can be a bit of a process, Rachul said.

“Victoria’s Secret Pink has to work with the school and get certain branding rights,” she said.

Another reason Rachul said as to why the number of clothing options fluctuates is because of the way that PINK cycles through its campus collections. As different seasons approach, different styles are released.

For example, one of the original styles sold online was a “bling boyfriend pocket tank.” This style then sold out, and Buess said it has not been replaced because of the changing of seasons.

“Instead of providing customers with summer options, (Victoria’s Secret) will create a fall or winter look in the form of leggings and outerwear,” Buess, a senior studying strategic communication, said.

In comparison to other schools with VS PINK lines, Matteson said she was concerned about the smaller number available. As of press time, OU has four shirts available while Ohio State University has 11 apparel items available.

Buess said this is the case because “the Ohio University line is much newer.”

Though OU might have just a few options now, Buess and Rachul said they predict more will come.

“Victoria’s Secret PINK campus collection should have 10 more options out by the end of the year,” Buess said.

@Sades_Utah

sn551214@ohio.edu