Clare Palo

Technobabble: Twitter accounts every Ohio University student should be following

Social media plays an important role in the lives of all Bobcats — here are pages online that OU students might find interesting.

It’s me again, Bobcats, the cool gal who told you to put your Ohio catmail on your smartphone. If you haven’t done that already, what are you doing? Do it right now. Who knows what assignments you missed already.

Like I said in my last column, my goal this year is to help apply digital and social media things to your life and make them relevant to you as a student. (More simplicity and less technobabble).

Some of you may know already that I am The Post social media editor/digital content producer, we haven’t quite figured out what to call me yet (you can call me Social Media Queen if you want, I won’t stop you). Since I have those super fun titles, I thought I’d share some of my favorite Ohio University and Athens twitter accounts in this week’s column.

@ThePost

I had to. We’re Ohio University’s only editorially independent publication on campus, and we are always breaking news and covering news that you want to know about. Hopefully you already follow us, since you’re reading this. If not, please do. Hit that follow button. I’ll make it worth it.

@OhioIT

I’m a huge fan of Ohio University Information Technology, and I’d like to think we have a special relationship, on a very cyber-y level. They tweet out updates pertaining to network outages, connection issues and of course, the infamous Wi-Fi problems.

@OU_Drake

Just a fun one for you guys. A friend showed this to me the other day, and I think it’s glorious. How could you not? It’s a perfect parody account of Drake lyrics mixed with Ohio University anecdotes. Drake-isms. Perfection.

@JennyHallJones

She’s by far one of my favorite people I follow on Twitter. Not only does she update students on issues that are happening around campus, but she loves interacting with students too. I see her more as a fun twitter friend than an administrator. Get in her mentions. She’ll probably tweet you back.

@AldenLibrary

This is so relevant to your academic success as a student. Alden updates you on opening and closing times during the year and during finals week. They also tweet out general tips, like how to reserve study rooms and interesting exhibits that are displayed in the library. Alden is there when you need it the most.

Clare Palo is a senior studying journalism. Do you have any tips or digital or social media related questions that you want Clare to write about? Tweet at her @clarepalo or email her at cp954211@ohio.edu.