Board of Trustees

Newest South Green dorms to be named at Ohio University Board of Trustees meeting

OU’s Board of Trustees will pick names for the new residential halls and vote on construction projects at its June meetings Thursday and Friday.

Ohio University’s Board of Trustees will choose names for the four new residential halls on South Green at its June meetings Thursday and Friday.

The board, which will meet at OU’s Southern Campus in Ironton, will have committee meetings on Thursday with the full board meeting on Friday.

Livestreams of the meetings can be viewed on OU’s website.

The board will vote on resolutions proposing to name the new residential halls after Arthur D. Carr, believed to be the first African-American athlete at OU, Evelyn Coulter Luchs, the first female trustee at OU, Claude R. Sowle, OU president from 1969 to 1974, and Tomoyasu and Sumiko Tanaka, who helped grow OU’s international relationships.

Trustees will vote to approve the university’s budget for the 2016 fiscal year at the meeting, as well as the Capital Improvement Plan for the upcoming fiscal year, according to Board of Trustees documents.

The board will vote whether to proceed with several construction projects such as a $2.2 million roof replacement for Alden Library and a $2 million roof replacement for Clippinger Hall.

Trustees will also vote on whether to increase some fees, such as a nearly 5 percent increase for the Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine's instructional fee.

Presentations including an update from Student Affairs and information about enrollment will also take place at the meeting.

OU’s received about 20,943 applications, a new record, for the incoming freshman class, according to Board of Trustees documents.

@AlxMeyer

am095013@ohio.edu

–This is an ongoing story. Stick with The Post for updates on the June Board of Trustees meetings.