SOS is here to save Student Senate

To the Editor,

When used at sea, an SOS is distress signal; a sign that someone in need will let out to tell others. It is easily recognizable in Morse code and is now commonly known and used today in various senses to simply mean, “help.”

The members of the SOS ticket this spring are responding to an SOS sent out by students. We are here to hold your senators accountable by implementing external checks. We are here to provide more student outreach so all groups can use the benefits of senate and present their own opinions. We are here to establish more ways for students to save money and have a better college experience. But mostly, we are here are to help; and our platform reflects just that.

{{tncms-asset app="editorial" id="602bd464-df16-11e4-bede-cfae42a20289"}}

One of the biggest ways SOS is going to help and serve all students will be by sending out our own SOS. If elected, we recognize we need help of all students. We believe in the power of numbers in order to make a change in the administration, and by sending out referendums we will be able to provide those numbers in a realistic manner that allows ALL students to be heard. Electronic voting gives students the chance to voice their opinions from the comfort of their own room. They won’t have to worry about not being able to make it to a Wednesday night Senate meeting in order to vote or being criticized for having a different opinion.

I encourage everyone to vote this election season, because student government has the potential to be something relevant and powerful. It can make or break the university, as we’ve seen throughout this year. I also encourage everyone to be informed. Go read platforms, talk to candidates, challenge candidates and choose the best option. Visit sos4ou.com! It is my true belief that if you do your research, you will see that SOS is the best fit for Student Senate. We’ve listened to the students’ distress signal, and we are sending the help this university needs. Vote SOS this Tuesday or Wednesday, you won’t be disappointed.

Hannah Clouser is a junior at Ohio University running for 2015-16 Student Senate Treasurer on the SOS ticket.