Mackenzie Rankin jumps hurdles during the Ohio Cherry Blossom Invitational Saturday, April 5, 2014. She finished with a time of 17.71 seconds. 

Bobcats round out the All-Ohio Championships with fourth place finish

Ohio finished fourth at this weekend’s All-Ohio Championships

Ohio took fourth place this weekend at the All-Ohio Championships at George Rider Tack Complex in Oxford with 94 points. The Bobcats finished behind Miami University, Ohio State University and Ashland University, a Division II college.

Coach Clay Calkins and the Bobcats were not available to The Post for comment.

Junior Tessa Weigand finished in sixth in the 1,500-meter run with a time of 4:40.05, which was one-hundredth of a second behind her career-best time that she set last weekend at the Cherry Blossom Invitational.

{{tncms-asset app="editorial" id="286d9a22-df01-11e4-ae3b-0fa5d7375dec"}}

Senior Kara Jackson also grabbed a sixth place finish in the 400-meter dash at 57.86 seconds. Junior Kristin Winkel took sixth as well with a time of 14.48 seconds in the 100-meter hurdles, just behind her career best of 14.11 seconds, which was also recorded at the Cherry Blossom Invitational.

Sophomore Taylor Smith got sixth in her event of high jump, recording a hop of 1.63 meters. In triple jump, junior Erika Armstead grabbed sixth as well at 10.27 meters.

In the 4x100-meter relay, the team of freshman Mya Hodge, sophomores Olivia Mayfield and Tajah Smith and junior Kristin Winkel took second place with a time of 48.20 seconds.

In the 5,00-meter run, sophomore Tara Tollett and junior Maureen Dean took third and fourth place, respectively.

Mayfield and Smith also finished one after the other in eight and ninth place in the 100-meter dash with times of 12.71 and 12.73 seconds. For Mayfield, that performance was a career best.

In the throws, freshman Jordan Porter took fifth in shot put with a career-best throw of 14.22 meters while senior Janiece Rose placed eighth with a throw of 13.87 meters.

Next Friday, the Bobcats will travel to Muncie, Indiana, for the Cardinal Invitational.

@TheSideline2016

ly688912@ohio.edu