Ohio University red shirt forward junior Treg Setty goes up against University of Toledo Rockets senior guard Julius Brown during the second half of play. The Bobcats fell to the Rockets 80-73 in the Convocation Center in Athens, Ohio, on Wednesday, January 14, 2015.

Men's Basketball: Ohio at Ball State

A live notebook of Ohio's matchup with Ball State in Muncie, Indiana.

MUNCIE, Indiana — 

FINAL

OHIO              82             

Ball State        73   

Top Performers

OHIO

Points: Willis — 27

Rebounds: Ndour — 8

Assists: S. Taylor — 7

Foul Trouble: Setty — FOULED OUT, Willis — 3

Ball State

Points: Kaipway & Sellers — 16

Rebounds: Calhoun — 10

Assists: Davis — 7

Foul Trouble: House — 3, Davis — 3

Second Half

3:50: Ohio 72, Ball State 61

Bobcats aren't missing from three. This time Maurice Ndour knocks down the outside shot and Ohio defends well and has the ball back after the timeout.

5:22: Ohio 69, Ball State 61

Both teams making shots back-and-forth now. Bobcats need to slow the game down before the Cardinals can get on any kind of run.

7:46: Ohio 66, Ball State 54

'Cats still rolling into media timeout.

8:47: Ohio 63, Ball State 51

Bean Willis is on fire. That's 7-for-8 from 3, having the only miss be on a blocked shot. 'Cats can't let up, though.

11:34: Ohio 57, Ball State 49

Bobcats rolling again. Bean Willis hit another 3-pointer and then Stevie Taylor scored eight-striaght points. He's yet to miss tonight — 7-7 (3-3 from 3PT).

15:58: Ohio 49, Ball State 44

Watch out for Bean Willis. He's hit all five 3-pointers he's attempted and leads the court with 21 points, but...he just committed his third foul of the night. Ball State is climbing back into the game with a few jump shots.

17:50: Ohio 46, Ball State 39

Ball State started the half firing from all cylinders, as it hit a 3-pointer to start the half. Both teams exchanged buckets, and now the Cardinals are back within seven points.

First Half

3:38: Ohio 33, Ball State 28

A few failed possessions have the game still close, both teams are in the double bonus and have been for a while. Ohio will want to take a larger lead into halftime.

6:17: Ohio 26, Ball State 24

Both teams really going back and forth now. Offensive rebounds becoming huge — Ball State has grabbed three on the last two possessions.

7:52: Ohio 22, Ball State 22

Bobcats let Cardinals get on a little run of their own. Ball State on an 8-1 run, after Ohio gets up to a 12-0 swing. Tie game, but runs seem to be the theme tonight.

9:38: Ohio 21, Ball State 14

And they're still rolling. Bobcats take advantage of an 'iffy' call in their favor and five unanswered points force the Cardinals to call timeout.

10:42: Ohio 16, Ball State 14

Bobcats are on a 13-4 run, and on fire from 3-point range. Since the opening timeout, the 'Cats have hit three-straight 3-pointers. Stevie Taylor has also since come off the bench and added a 3-pointer and a steal-and-score in transition. Bean Willis leads Ohio with nine points (3-3 3PT).

15:35: Ball State 10, Ohio 3

Tony Campbell is already in foul trouble, as he picked up two in the first two minutes. So, that's hurting Ohio in the post when he's sitting on the bench. Bobcats have hit just 25 percent of their shots so far, while Ball State is shooting 57.1 percent, including two 3-pointers from Sean Sellers.