Ohio freshman running back A.J. Ouellete high-fives fans after scoring the second touchdown of the game for the Bobcats. The Huskies defeated the Bobcats 21-14 in Peden Stadium in Athens, Ohio, on Tuesday.

Live Notebook: Ohio vs. Miami

FINAL

OHIO         24

Miami         21

Top Performers

OHIO

Passing: Vick — 10/18, 121 yds., 2 TD, INT

Rushing: Ouellette — 18 att., 96 yds.

Receiving: Ouellette — 5 rec., 31 yds., TD

MIAMI

Passing: Hendrix — 15/38, 218 yds., TD, INT

Rushing: Hendrix — 19 att., 70 yds., TD

Receiving: Murphy — 4 rec., 91 yds.

4th Quarter

:00: Yazdani hit a 28-yard field goal as time expired. OHIO 24, MIAMI 21

1:47: Yazdani missed a 42-yard field goal wide left. It had the distance, though. Miami took over from its 25-yd line.

11:28: Vick found Jordan Reid in the corner of the endzone for a 5-yard touchdown to tie the game at 21. PAT good by Yazdani. OHIO 21, MIAMI 21  

3rd Quarter

8:30: Kendric Smith recovers a fumble, then the Bobcats score, as Vick hits Ouellette for a 13-yard touchdown pass. PAT good by Yazdani. OHIO 14, MIAMI 21

10:41: Sprague throws an interception in the endzone going for the corner route. He had Troy Mangen open for a clear touchdown right in front of him. Miami ball, touchback.

2nd Quarter

1:00: Sprague's pass across the middle was picked off by Tony Reid.

2:54: JD Sprague replaced Derrius Vick at quarterback.

4:29: Kylan Nelson returned the ensuing kick-off for an 84-yard touchdown. PAT good by Josiah Yazdani. OHIO 7, MIAMI 21

4:43: Hendrix hit Dawan Scott in the flat and Scott found the end zone for a 13-yard score. PAT good by Patterson. OHIO 0, MIAMI 21

10:42: Quinten Rollins intercepted Derrius Vick at the Ohio 27-yard line, and returned it for the touchdown. PAT good by Patterson. OHIO 0, MIAMI 14

1st Quarter

8:54: Andrew Hendrix rushed up the middle, untouched, for a 3-yard touchdown. PAT good by Kaleb Patterson. OHIO 0, MIAMI 7

Pre-game

Ohio (5-6, 3-4 MAC) came into Tuesday's regular season finale after a loss on senior night to Northern Illinois the week prior. The game against the Huskies was never out of sight until a late fumble in the fourth quarter while the Bobcats were driving down the field, trailing by a touchdown. 

The Bobcats came into Oxford desperate for a win to keep their hopes alive to see bowl action for the sixth consecutive season. A win would also keep them from finishing the season with a losing record.

Miami (2-9, 2-5 MAC) came into its season finale after two straight losses, to Western Michigan and Central Michigan. The RedHawks only two victories of the season both came at home, against and Massachusetts.

RedHawks quarterback Andrew Hendrix has improved their offense drastically after transferring from Notre Dame to Miami a season ago. Miami's two losses trump the 0-12 season the RedHawks suffered in 2013.