Maurice Ndour dunks against Miami during a Mid-American Conference Tournament game last season. 

Live Notebook: Ohio vs. Appalachian State

Ohio (1-0) gets off to a hot start thanks to 21 points from Ryan Taylor in a 73-47 dominating victory Saturday.

FINAL

Appalachian State              47

OHIO                                  73

Top Performers

Appalachian State

Points: Spagnolo — 11

Rebounds: Spagnolo — 9

Assists: Burgess — 4

Foul Trouble: Kinney — 5 (Fouled out), Spagnolo — 3, Gilbert — 3

OHIO

Points: R. Taylor — 21

Rebounds: Ndour — 10

Assists: R. Taylor — 4

Foul Trouble: Campbell — 5 (Fouled out), Setty — 4, Mompremier — 3

2nd Half

:00: OHIO 73, APP ST 47

3:11: OHIO 66, APP ST 40

The Bobcats will now just run the clock down and get some time for the youngsters. What a great show put on by Ryan Taylor today: 21 points, 3 rebounds, four assists...as a freshman. According to reports, he's the first to score 20+ in his freshman debut at Ohio since Ivo Baltic.

7:13: OHIO 58, APP ST 37

Appalachian State has hit a few shots here in the last few minutes, but this game was over with 17 minutes left. Garbage time here, but that's a good thing for Ohio's freshman.

11:56: OHIO 54, APP ST 31

The Bobcats aren't just opening the flood gates, but Appalachian State cannot make any shots. The Mountaineers are 1 for their last 11 field goals and the Bobcats are leading them by over 20 points.

14:34: OHIO 53, APP ST 29

Like I predicted, the flood gates have opened. Ryan Taylor hit a pair of three pointers and a jumper amidst an 18-2 run in the half and the Bobcats are running away with this one.

15:54: OHIO 45, APP ST 29

So far, Ohio is outscoring Appalachian State 10-2 this half, and the gates look to be opening if the Bobcats can keep the pressure and intensity up. Ndour has been a monster on the boards this half, he leads the team with 6 today.

17:28: OHIO 42, APP ST 29

For the Bobcats, this is the start they wanted, but for the Mountaineers it's exactly what they didn't want. Ndour leading the charge with 5 points (2-for-4 FTs & 3-ptr) and Ryan Taylor contributing again. The ball is in Ohio's court for sure.

1st Half

:00: OHIO 35, APP ST 27

Same story for the Bobcats, but Mike Laster has joined Ryan Taylor in impressing with 7 points so far, Taylor with 11. Both freshman are looking confident and unafraid to drive to the hoop. The Bobcats are going to want to come out even stronger for the second half...App. State has nothing to lose. 

2:07: OHIO 31, APP ST 23

Not much has changed since the last timeout, but apparently Saul doesn't like what he sees. Now only an 8-point game, Bobcats have to be looking to run it up before halftime.

4:09: OHIO 31, APP ST 23

With 4:09 left in the half, Appalachian State seems to be slowly crawling back into this one, or at least not going away. Smarter shots are a necessity at this point for Ohio. The Bobcats are much better defensively so far. Ryan Taylor now with 11 points, is playing like he's been a Bobcat for three years.

7:29: OHIO 26, APP ST 17

The Bobcats continue to get production from their younger guys, and that's a good thing. Once they start to feel comfortable, it will give them a balance once guys like Ndour and Stevie Taylor are able to go off. With under half of the first half remaining, this is the time to start going full force on the offensive side of the court and coach Saul Phillips knows that.

10:53: OHIO 20, APP ST 13

Continued rhythm has been kept by Ohio, despite 9 points from Appalachian State's Chris Burgess. Without his bursts, the Bobcats have been solid defensively and are having no problem with getting open shots on the offensive end. This is the time where they need to keep making shots and not let the game stay too close.

14:53: OHIO 12, APP ST 6

At the first timeout of the game, things seem to be flowing smoothly for the Bobcats, this time they have been much more patient with their possessions and have been able to spread the ball around well. They are just a couple missed layups away from having a double-digit lead.