The Bobcats are heading to Georgia for their last tournament of the fall season

The Bobcats will compete in the Pinetree Intercollegiate this week in Kennesaw, Georgia on Monday and Tuesday at the Pinetree Country Club.

The championship style course is held as one of the finest in the state and has hosted numerous amaetuer championship events including the 2013 Georgia State Amateur Championship and the 2014 Georgia Open.

Freshman Grant Engel, sophomores Ty Herriott and Peyton White, junior Brad Burgess and senior Andrew Mlynarski will be in action for Ohio. The team will be ready for a fresh start after the poor performance at their previous tournament in which they finished last.

Engel, who was the leader for the Bobcats in the last tournament, and Mlynarski both expressed optimism for this event. Engel noted he was accustomed to the travel south because he and his father have made trips to North Carolina and Florida many times in the past during the winter.

Mlynarski mentioned he is used to the southern grass after he spent three months in Florida this summer. He anticipates an advantage for the upcoming tournaments as the next four, including this one, are in southern states.

Engel said the team has been hard at work since the last tournament, practicing for what he anticipates to be a very strong field of opponents.

“I think the big feeling would just be redemption,” Engel said. “We wanna show up and show ourselves and everybody else that we have the game to compete.”

mf056713@ohio.edu