Ohio midfield redshirt freshman Carly Manso juggles the ball against Morehead State's Kelsey Gomez. Ohio won 3-1 on Sunday.

Getting to know a Bobcat: Carly Manso

Get to know Ohio soccer's Carly Manso through our Q&A

Earlier this the season The Post spoke with forward Carly Manso about her interests off the field, her favorite places to eat and the team’s troublemaker.

Manso, a redshirt sophomore from Vernon Hills, Illinois, has started every game for Ohio this year, recording two goals and two assists.

After playing predominantly right midfielder last season, she made the switch up front this campaign and was sometimes featured as the Bobcats’ exclusive forward, although Manso says she prefers to play with another forward to relieve pressure and create more opportunities.

In addition, she’s majoring in Sociology with a minor in Business. Manso also made the Dean’s List in both academic semester’s last school year.

What do you like to do in your free time?

I like to spend a lot of my time with my family. I’m a huge family-oriented person. I like to cook and bake. I also like to go to other sports games.

Do you watch soccer in your spare time?

Not really (smiling, with a look of guilt.) I like women’s soccer but I can’t get into men’s.

Turf or grass?

I actually really like turf a lot more.

What do you do in Athens when you’re off the field and out of the classroom?

I’ve gone to Strouds (Run State Park) before; I’ve gone kayaking. I like going on hikes.

Favorite restaurant?

Cutler’s, Zoe and good ol’ Brennan’s.

Favorite away game?

Akron has a beautiful field because they have a really good men’s team; that was sweet playing there. Miami is always a fun game to play because they bring a lot of fans out and we bring a lot of fans even though it’s over two hours away.

But for me personally, I like going to Northern Illinois because that’s where I’m from. I’m probably the only one who likes going there (laughs).

Is there a team troublemaker?

I wouldn’t say we have a troublemaker, but Erin Feeney and Annie Beard are goofy. I wouldn't say we’re troublemakers. We like to keep it “PG.”

---

The Bobcats play their last game Thursday afternoon against Kent State at Chessa Field, 3 p.m.

gh181212@ohiou.edu

@charliehatch_