Carly Manso battles with Kent State's Jenna Hellstrom for the ball during the first half. Kent State defeated Ohio 2-1 on October 31, 2013. (CONOR RALPH | PHOTO EDITOR)

Women's Soccer: Ohio rallies to beat Detroit

Despite conceding an early goal, the Bobcats were able to rally to win their second-consecutive win at Chessa Field.

A solid second half allowed Ohio to cruise in a 3-1 win against Detroit Friday afternoon.

The Titans drew first blood in the 26th minute, when an Alyssa Lotito cross was headed into the net by Alyssa Riley.

Ohio responded, but not until the 37th minute, when freshman forward Kelley Zebrowski was able to draw the Detroit goalkeeper off her line and took a shot, which slowly rolled toward the goal and was finished by sophomore forward Alli Cislo to equalize the match.

“I knew it would be a tough game,” coach Aaron Rodgers said. “At halftime I told the girls that winning is never easy.”

While the second half was back and forth with both teams struggling to find a rhythm, the Bobcats slowly began to tighten their grip on the match and went ahead in the 71st minute.

Sophomore forward Alexis Milesky volleyed home a cross from freshman Hannah Jaggers to give Ohio the lead and Milesky her second goal in as many matches.

“That was the first touch I had after getting subbed out,” Milesky said. “It was kind of that adrenaline rush you get when you come on, so I guess it just carried over and I was able to focus and put it in the net.”

Ohio’s final goal came in the 85th minute, as freshman defender Celeste Fuchimi-Karns was able to win a ball against the Detroit keeper in the lower right corner of the box. She then crossed the ball into the scoring area and Jaggers was able to record her first career goal.

“It was very good and it was nice,” Jaggers said, referencing to her goal with a smile. “The pass came from my roommate, so I guess that’s pretty cool.”

The Bobcats will have Sunday off, which will be the first time this season they haven’t played two matches in a weekend. They will be off until a match at Dayton next Friday.

“I think we have a lot of confidence,” senior goalkeeper Nicole Amari said. “A big thing for us is being about to believe in ourselves and it’s finally beginning to come through.”

@charliehatch_

gh181212@ohiou.edu