Board agrees on consent agenda

ZANESVILLE — The Ohio University Board of Trustees approved a variety of consent agenda items, including a name change and the establishment of a new center, at its meeting Friday.

The board approved the creation of a Center for Entrepreneurship. The center is the result of a partnership between the College of Business and Voinovich School of Leadership and Public Affairs, according to the resolution.

“It's an opportunity to help our students learn about entrepreneurship,” said Executive Vice President and Provost Pam Benoit.

The center will have “some cost” associated with it, Benoit said. OU will need a director, she said, adding that there might be other costs in addition to the director’s salary.

The board also voted to change the name of the Institute of Neuromusculoskeletal Research to the Ohio Musculoskeletal and Neurological Institute.

The trustees voted to change the name of the institute because “it more accurately reflects what they do there,” and it associates the institute with OU, Benoit said.

The unanimously approved consent agenda also included a resolution showing support for the Kennedy Museum of Art, which is seeking accreditation from the American Association of Museums. The accreditation “reassures donors and members of the public that the Museum … follows best practices when it comes to museum operations,” Benoit said in a letter to President Roderick McDavis earlier this month.

The museum is “a valued contributor to the educational and cultural ambitions of the University as well as an important asset to the region,” the resolution said.

aw366209@ohiou.edu

@ThePostCampus

p {

text-indent: 2.0em;

}