Will Sturek celebrate after a home run by Sturek against Central Michigan on Sunday, March 19, 2023.

Baseball: All you need to know for Morehead State

Ohio will head back to the state of Kentucky once again for a middle-of-the-week matchup. This time, at Morehead State. Ohio will look to have a little more success in the Bluegrass state this week compared to its 9-2 loss to Kentucky

Last weekend Ohio played well against Central Michigan, the reigning Mid-American Conference Champions, despite a series loss. Ohio generated a lot of offense, scoring 22 runs over the span of the three-game series. 

Ohio, who has lost eight of its nine road games to start the season, will look to keep the offensive momentum going as they head to Kentucky. 

Here is all that you need to know. 

Game Information

Opponent: Morehead State (9-10, 0-0 Ohio Valley Conference)

Location: Allen Field

Time: 3 p.m.

Live stats can be followed here 

How to Watch: ESPN+

Meet the Opponent

Coach: Mik Aoki (fourth year)

Statistical Leaders

Batting Average: Jackson Feltner (.333) 

Hits: Feltner (22)

Doubles: Colton Becker (4)

RBIs: Feltner (19)

Home runs: Feltner, Ryley Preece (6) 

Walks: Feltner (15)

ERA: Grant Herron (5.23)

WHIP: Herron (2.03)

Strikeouts: Herron (26)

Batting Average Against: John Bakke (.250)

Series History

Ohio has matched up with Morehead State 12 times in each team's history. Ohio has come away with five wins, one of which was on the road.

The two last met on April 19, 2022. Morehead State devastated Ohio with a 13-12 victory after a nine-run eighth inning that saw Ohio lose an eight-run lead. Ohio’s Braxton Kelly struggled in the eighth inning last year, giving up five runs and the lead before recording a single out en route to Ohio’s loss. 

Player to Watch

Cole Williams — Keep your eyes on Cole Williams during Tuesday's game. The junior found his way back into the lineup after struggling to start the season. As the Bobcats' designated hitter, Williams broke out of his month-long slump, picking up two home runs and five RBIs while going 3-for-3 at the plate in Ohio’s 11-7 victory over the Chippewas on Saturday.

@robertkeegan_

bk272121@ohio.edu